Talk about the UK getting completely shafted whats going on OCUK ? Logitech G15 Price

Soldato
Logitech G15 Gaming-Grade Illuminated Keyboard

why is the US LAYOUT of this keyboard £46
then i go look at the UK LAYOUT and its £70

something cant be right here ? why is the UK version £24 more when the only thing diffrent is the labeling on the keys ? lol

Man of Honour
Any one of a number of reasons including but not limited to the fact that most of the time suppliers(as a general rule) tend to convert dollars to pounds so one dollar = one pound regardless of conversion rates, the UK is a smaller market than the US so it costs comparatively more to produce the UK layout(poor reason but there you go) and shipping costs may well be higher to the UK because of smaller economies of scale.

It could be any of those reasons or none of them but it is one of those things, the UK quite often gets stiffed on pricing because of conversion rates.

Associate
I already made a thread about this. :rolleyes:

Anyway, my guess is a supply problem. Everywhere else is out of stock, Overclockers is the only place I've seen with it - probably because they are charging about £30 more than the normal price.

Soldato
ScarySquirrel said:
I thought you couldn't talk shop here? :confused:
FAQ said:
No posting OcUK order or returns queries
The forums are not to be used for the posting of existing order or returns (RMA) queries. These can often involve delicate issues such as failed credit card authorisation and are best dealt with privately. Your order can be tracked online here. You can view our Returns Policy here. You can use OcUK's new Webnote system to contact OcUK about order and return queries.

Please be aware that posting complaints about OcUK or their staff, will result in your forums account being suspended. If you persistantly post complaints, then you will be banned.

No anti-OcUK posts
OcUK will never allow these forums to be used by those who would seek to tarnish our name, no matter how justified they feel their circumstances are. Posts of an offending nature slagging off OcUK, demoralising or demeaning the company name, complaints about bad service, etc. will not be tolerated. Posts openly criticising the policies of, or demonstrating a lack of respect for the Administrator are not permitted. If you have a criticism of the forums then feel free to mail the appropriate Don.

Depends exactly what type of shop-talk.

Soldato
ScarySquirrel said:
I thought you couldn't talk shop here? :confused:

Its fine to talk shop here, you just can't talk about orders, when they will arrive etc.

Anything that the shop themseleves can only deal with can't be discussed on here, everything else can. :)

Commissario
I'm guessing OCUK were able to get the U.S. layout of the keyboard for much much cheaper than the UK layout supplers wanted for the UK version.

It's not just a simple matter of currency conversion (which changes on an almost daily basis), there are the differences in taxes (about 17.5% at least) and the available supply.
My guess is that even if the U.S. just had 5 times as many of the keyboards allocated as the U.K. (U.S = ~295million people UK ~=60 million so that would be reasonable difference in allocation), then that would mean they have a lot more stock sitting in the supply chain available to retailers (and not as likely to completely run out everywhere)

Associate
Basicallt we get taxed the hell out of everything in this country. That would basically be why we pay more for everything. You just got to look at how expensive petrol, alchohol, cigarettes, cars, electronics. Why do you think people go abroad buy a car and drive back here. Even after all the extra costs of doing it there still saving a couple of grand.

Associate
Energize said:
And get import tax and customs added on...

Ive seen the uk g15 in stock elsewhere inc p&p for £48!
The cheapest price I could find was £35...probably about £40 with P&P. But everywhere is out of stock so it's probably a supply problem somewhere.

Does anyone know how different the US version is? Except the '@' and the ' "" ' symbols being swapped...

Associate
SnipaMasta said:
The cheapest price I could find was £35...probably about £40 with P&P. But everywhere is out of stock so it's probably a supply problem somewhere.

Does anyone know how different the US version is? Except the '@' and the ' "" ' symbols being swapped...

Do they have £ signs on them?

Associate
UK Keyboard layout
540px-KB_United_Kingdom.svg.png

US Keyboard layout
540px-KB_United_States.svg.png

Associate
Why NOT just pay what OcUK ask?

Someone's has got to allow these guys to live to the standard to which we're NOT accustomed!

Alternatively you could always get American lessons from George Bush!

Soldato
I ve got a US layout logitech board and its really IRRITATING

First, if you keep the US layout you dont get the £ sign

If you change it in system to UK layout you lose keys, such as the backslash, which although some may not miss it, its really annoying for typing in directories and html/php etc. Also keys move, so you have to remember where they are on the UK layout...

Not worth getting the US one, you will only regret it, only cost £10 for this one but Im going to get a new one soon.

Man of Honour
US keyboard layouts are very irritating if you are used to the UK layout I find, loss of the £ sign, the ~(tilde) key, # sign and the biggest irritation is that for no decent reason the \ is above the return key giving you a half-height enter key. I'm using a laptop keyboard but it is the same on any standard US keyboard.

You can of course set the language to UK English and then the keys will be in the correct place but you still have to remember and point it out to anyone else who uses the PC.

Back
Top Bottom