Talk me out of getting a Ducati Scrambler...

Soldato
Ok, it's time to get back on two wheels...

I've been thinking about some chill little trips, popping out for a bit of fun, maybe even some offroad lols... and having something that's a bit more spesh than some of the other stuff around. And that led me to the Scrambler. But why shouldn't I get one?

I thought about the Triumph Scrambler but I don't like the zorsts...

Man of Honour
Have you ridden one or are looks more important to you?

Go ride one and buy it if you like it. For many, riding a bike is all about how it makes them feel. If the Ducati tickles the back of your balls in just the right way there’s no point in fighting it.

Caporegime
Which one? There are a few, 400cc all the way up to 1100cc.

Regardless, you don't ride atm afaik so you'll be happy with whatevs. As @Scuzi says, if it puts a smile on your face, nothing else matters :D

Soldato
Research the cost of the Desmo service, costs change slightly depending on the model but don't expect much change from £1000. This is also subject to increase if any valves need adjusting over the included checking.

Been toying with the idea of getting a Multistrada for a few years now but the servicing cost puts me off and I believe the Multi has much larger service interval over the Scrambler.

Soldato
I'm glad you all agree :)

It'd be the 800 Scrambler Icon.

My old man's got one it's a good bike.

Little like my Sv650 in a way, plenty of torque comfortable sitting.

It's a Ducati though, so remember that. On my dad's one, one of the battery terminals wasn't 100% tight (this is from new) and it caused a missfire issue that also killed some of the ECU functions.

Soldato
OP
Sorry to say but I didn't end up getting it just yet. I broke my wrist on the 1st July whilst mountain biking so cancelled my order. I should be better in a month or so, and will look at getting one then and making the most of the end of summer.

Back
Top Bottom