Tangible measures of driving ability

Soldato
1. Number of years driving - 4 1/2
2. Average mileage per year - 10k
3. Number of accident claims that were your fault - 1
4. Number of cars you've written off - 1
5. Number of points you've ever acrued on your license - 0 (I only speed on motorways now as everything else over here is a 30 or a 40)
6. Fastest speed you've ever driven on a UK road - UK - 80, Ireland - 120 indicated
7. Do you ever get involved in traffic light grand prix (Yes/No) - Yes, but not so much anymore
8. Number of times you've rolled the window down to shout abuse at another road user - 0 (not worth the hassle)
9. Number of times you've used the horn in anger at another road user (using the horn to warn others in a polite manner that you've there doesn't count) - No Idea - 10 - Dublin is full of bad drivers
10. Number of times you've been on a track, e.g. with your own car, kart racing or similar - 4(Ireland sucks for this sort of thing - going around mondello in a single seater in the summer :) )
11. Number of times you've received a parking fine, ticket or clamp - 0

Soldato
1. 11
2. 11,000
3. 0
4. 0
5. 0
6. 120ish
7. No
8. 0
9. 0
10. 1
11. 1 (parking ticket - although I thought I had parked legally but I read the sign wrong - written in German)

Baz

Baz

Soldato
1. Number of years driving - 11
2. Average mileage per year - about 15000 now, used to do about 50k
3. Number of accident claims that were your fault - none
4. Number of cars you've written off - only had one accident, someone pulled out in front of me
5. Number of points you've ever acrued on your license - 3 ages ago for doing 43 in a 30, caught the old fashioned way
6. Fastest speed you've ever driven on a UK road - about 130mph
7. Do you ever get involved in traffic light grand prix (Yes/No) not for ages
8. Number of times you've rolled the window down to shout abuse at another road user - too many, there are more idiots on the roads than sensible road users.
9. Number of times you've used the horn in anger at another road user (using the horn to warn others in a polite manner that you've there doesn't count) - more than I can count
10. Number of times you've been on a track, e.g. with your own car, kart racing or similar - only go karts
11. Number of times you've received a parking fine, ticket or clamp - never.

Soldato
Conanius said:
got to be honest, if my partner was having a miscarriage, id of had my foot burried into the floorboards... and if the courts felt I should loose my license, so be it.. its not exactly a perfect situation.. but id prefer to be getting my gf to the hospital than tootling at70 to get the antispeeding warriors happy...

To be fair they caught me at 103mph after I slowed down, had they caught me moments earlier it would have been a reversal of the 0 and 3..

I think the fact that I slowed as the M'way went to 2 lanes showed my discipline on reading the conditions, if not my ability to spot an unmarked car in my mirrors...

:D

Associate
1. Number of years driving - 2
2. Average mileage per year - 2000
3. Number of accident claims that were your fault - 1 (Whilst still a learner)
4. Number of cars you've written off - 0
5. Number of points you've ever acrued on your license - 0
6. Fastest speed you've ever driven on a UK road - 85
7. Do you ever get involved in traffic light grand prix (Yes/No) - Try not to
8. Number of times you've rolled the window down to shout abuse at another road user - 0
9. Number of times you've used the horn in anger at another road user (using the horn to warn others in a polite manner that you've there doesn't count) - 0
10. Number of times you've been on a track, e.g. with your own car, kart racing or similar - 0
11. Number of times you've received a parking fine, ticket or clamp - 0

Back
Top Bottom