Tank Protectors

Godfather
Godfather
I'm dismayed to see scuffs appearing on the back of my tank (leather jacket) and sides (gripping with knees). I'm not really keen on tank protectors because most of them look cheap. Anyone know of some more subtle options? Clear maybe? Not sure what to do with the sides, but it does seem unavoidable on a black bike.

Associate
How about going the other way and fitting a bagster tank cover over it? Stick a matching tank bag on and your sorted.

Being a very tall and large chap I find resting my stomach on the bag takes some of the weight off the wrists :)

Another alternative might be to try the paint protective film. Whilst it's normally used for the front fairing, I'm sure with a deft touch you could have someone fashion you a set of thin protectors for the back and sides of the tank.

Finally, take the tank off an give it to a decent painter. Ask them to apply a decent and liberal 2K clear and resign yourself to buffing the marks out at regular intervals.

Soldato
personally I would just get a nice plane carbon fibre tank pad such as

Capture-6.jpg

Then some stomp grip for the sides.

I dont think other then that you will be able to avoid the marks

Associate
Can't stand the look of Stompgrips looks like a cheap stuck on shower mat , and in my experience move about a bit as well.

Have a look at Techspec grips , far better looking and better quality , and most importantly they work very well ;)

Linky http://www.techspec-usa.com/

Soldato
Can't stand the look of Stompgrips looks like a cheap stuck on shower mat , and in my experience move about a bit as well.

Have a look at Techspec grips , far better looking and better quality , and most importantly they work very well ;)

Linky http://www.techspec-usa.com/

Dude, they look much better. I wanted something similar to the Stompgrips, but like you say, look really cheep and crappy. So cheers for the link lol.

Back
Top Bottom