Tankian Desk

Associate
Hi everyone, Im happy to share with you my new project, its a PCDesk Mod
biggrin.png

Well since my last mod didnt receive the "shares" I wanted from the brands (HAF in HALF video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67tdCmEaEc0 ) that supported the build, I wanna move foward to this one and make something unique and possible for everyone, thats something I always try to pass for those who see my content, everyone can do this you just gotta plan everything well enough to avoid major problems.
Why a desk? Well I dont like big cases and since "setups" are starting to be a trend I wanna remake my own so nothing better than make a new desk with a PC built in.

So key words are:
- Confort
- Performance (air flow/temperatures)
- Simplicity

Well still need to edit all the content about it, but for now this is what I have to show

xAPCcjr.jpg

Sl3coQc.jpg

3HNdgJd.jpg

Best Regards Tankian

Associate
OP
Hi everyone!

As I promise big update today, work myself hard these Saturday to place everything together, IM EXCITED!

So I started with the fake bottom, making all the holes for cable routing/management. I don't want to attach the "fake bottom" in "bented" plate mostly because if I decide to redo anything in the future I will be able to remove it.
As you guys saw I did all the motherboard standoffs holes with a old motherboard only to be easier and more accurate, It ended up really well!
The fans was a bit disappointing I wanted to use a big drill to open a 110mm circle for each fan, but after waiting 1 week for that drill the store told me that I need to wait 3/4 mouths because they doesn't had stock available, so I decided to go with the octagon style.
After doing all of these, big moment, atatch everything together, I was a bit afraid with the plate that stay in the top back, mostly because it will be use to secure the monitor holder, but after screw it against the metal it got really strong, so problem solved!
The two wooden bars that I use in the back are basicly to pass cables between the wall and the wood plank in the back, creating 50mm of space between the desk and the wall for the air that comes from the out-take fans go away.

Well lets move on to the photos and video! :rockout:

Video:

Photos:

When the plate arrived

Ymw3tK2.jpg

Cutting holes for cable routing in the "fake bottom" plate

ZS85CKA.jpg

bkn0MDG.jpg

speS9oB.jpg

Motherboard standoffs holes done.

FHogboN.jpg

jgmc2F9.jpg

Fans Holes

PfvU32G.jpg

First Idea with the fans then I decided to go for 2 in each side and 2 in the middle

cuRrD4i.jpg

MNOmjch.jpg

8QLzsMs.jpg

Power Supply back hole

DIN1r2M.jpg

aDAuAa8.jpg

Motherboard shield hole

g53Zbta.jpg

GPU hole, with the 1080 ti testing is future home ahaha

wuCqPcw.jpg

UDyYRzV.jpg

tszkgD0.jpg

Current state photos, here you can see the wooden bars in the back giving me the extra 5cm for cables and air flow

gvwK1qc.jpg

sn73Y33.jpg

fiF7Bul.jpg.png

And last the guy trying to make a pc desk xD

g9MXfCo.jpg

Well I hope everyone like it!

Best Regards Tankian!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hi everyone!
Well after 3 week I have news about the project, I manage to sand all the wood and metal pieces to apply the primer and even make some "upgrades" to the project concept.

So first I had to apply all the polyester in the areas needed, I even had to apply it more thant one time in the same place, something I expect but took me a bit more time to set everything ready to primer the desk.
After aplying it in some areas I decide to make a rim all arround the top area to give a bit more resistance to the desk and provide a better surface for the glass, at the same time providing a trim all around the center "hole" to place some LED if needed.
Then was time to apply once again polyester in some areas to make everthing look better.
After sanding and applying the primer I realise something was a bit miss align in for the glass so before painting and get mad about the miss align thing yesterday I decide to correct it, I applied again primer to the front section and order the glass!

Before jumping into the video and photos I wanna say that I'm doing some livestreams about this project in twtich:
https://www.twitch.tv/tankias

Let see how thing went!

VIDEO:

PHOTOS:

Subwoofer Stand
rNm4sT1.jpg

Polyester and sanding

ERsIXdm.jpg

hrgw6dy.jpg

fkMohxP.jpg

Xnjfuoy.jpg

2jQ77PF.jpg

MHwl3Dw.jpg

BE6MjlO.jpg

Water Cooling "ideas"
bX4dZrS.jpg

7rmXckV.jpg

JO6mdES.jpg

mMFPk1s.jpg

Primer applied
8THjEA7.jpg

le8iHFU.jpg

Small correction I did
fO7TNth.jpg

So any thoughts about it?

Next phase is basicly make small holes for any cable I need to pass to the back of the case and starting to sand again for painting!
Anyways there is still a lot to do but with time and patience thing will ne finish!

Best Regards tankian!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hi everyone another update!

So I manage to paint the desk, even painted 2 times, in the first time the coulor was to dark so I had to paint the desk again. After painting the outside I used black matte spray for the inside.
Then I moved to the legs, I dont know if some of you spot the idea in the beginning when I did the legs but I always wanted to make it like this, so you kinda have the computer connected to the desk (even more).

Didnt had time for more mostly because I had my first modding workshop, and if I believe the first in portugal so it took me a lot of time to set everything for that workshop.

Some photos about the workshop :)

6aeWBgI.jpg

DsLpbRS.jpg

mJKoLuU.jpg

TkbjoBa.jpg

D5kpSsL.jpg

a6PfCCr.jpg

Anyways lets move to the videos and photos!

Video:

Photos:

Desk first paint work (didnt took photos from the 2nd paint work):
0BcZd3f.jpg

GZERKND.jpg

LHYvzTb.jpg

Leg lights:
7P3BJYh.jpg

YxBFPHH.jpg

LDZNK02.jpg

z5TcvNT.jpg

Some standoff I decide to buy:

zmac0GH.jpg

Honestly I didnt took that much photos, so defenetly I recomend you to see the video to see how everything was done.
Still have a lot of work to do but with time things will be done I'm 100% commited to this project!

If you wanna keep it touch with the desk you guys can follow my twitch channel I've been doing some live streams about it. :)
https://www.twitch.tv/tankias

Best Regards tankian!

Associate
OP
Hi everyone after 1 month of waiting for parts, solving costums insues I'm back and happy to announce the last build phase video.

So basicly was about time to bring the desk inside my room and start mounting everything, weld the LED's needed and mounting the water cooling.
The water cooling will be in soft tube, mostly because I didnt found any sponsor, besides Cooler Master that decided to enter in this last month, and to moving for hard tube I needed to buy again new fittings that I already had bought, it was impossible for my wallet lol

So lets move to the video and photos:

Video:

Photos:

Back trim
sHeJd1W.jpg

When I got the desk inside
B0yeqnQ.jpg

Started to mount everything
7xfJBZc.jpg

USB HUB
UikHuTv.jpg

RGB LED's and 5 fan splitter
EQUQoZA.jpg

Welding and testing LED's
21yfi0M.jpg

sJIcOuD.jpg

x9x3PoP.jpg

Testing with fans
uWDDZ48.jpg

Secound idea and final for the water cooling
asteWRt.jpg

VXKxPpI.jpg

First run in 1 month
LVgBWS4.jpg

Moving the "old" desk to place the new one
Wy1BNty.jpg

8DmlNqT.jpg

dPh1Lyb.jpg

QaNftp5.jpg

dytUmQu.jpg

Sneak peak
ryxdOz4.jpg

So there you have it!
This weekend I will be posting the final photos and video about the desk so stay tunned!

Best Regards,
Tankian the Man

Associate
OP
Hi everyone!

Happy to announce the final result about this project!

LETS GO!

Video:

Photos:
G5z8XN6.jpg

aics3Wd.jpg

diScvlg.jpg

P2zHG9P.jpg

rYqNmeF.jpg

a8dQ4aN.jpg

aMEUPPz.jpg

pji1yNv.jpg

MMa2pbV.jpg

UwAFoNS.jpg

0sw7G47.jpg

aKfsTka.jpg

gFzH8Rp.jpg

kxd51SI.jpg

mSAoK2B.jpg

Vo1Ugwm.jpg

PxgLUCb.jpg

Many thanks to all overclockers uk members that in some way helped me with "good vibes" hope I match the expectations!
I'm curious to see what you guys have to say!

Best Regards,
Tankian the Man

Back
Top Bottom