Task Scheduler oddity...

Associate
Hi All,

Hoping someone out there might be able to give me a clue with this one!!

I have a small app (little big mouse) set to run at startup via task scheduler, in the past this has worked without hitch however I've recently run into an issue whereby the task with either fail to load and show as "disabled" (which I did not do) or will load but fail to start, meaning it has to be manually enabled / run.

I have tried every possible setting I can think of, even tried to mirror the settings of other tasks which do work, and still getting no joy. Annoyingly, this is an intermittent issue, and will only happen every so often.

Any ideas? I'm not too familiar with task schedluer, but cannot really see how to make this work...

Cheers,

DB

Soldato
As an alternative to using the task scheduler, you could just put a shortcut to the program in your startup folder and that will run it automatically when you log in.

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

Associate
OP
As an alternative to using the task scheduler, you could just put a shortcut to the program in your startup folder and that will run it automatically when you log in.

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

Yeah, tried that as well, there's some oddity with the program itself that makes it not like startup, hence the task scheduler approach. It's the damndest thing as it works for days at a time, then just will not load one day...

Associate
I remember a long time ago discussion that Windows will at times ignore program execution requests at start up because it gives priority to the OS initialisation. i.e. it simply just wont run it.

One of the options to counter it was to delay the startup of the app or utility by defined set of time (such as 15 seconds etc) ... cant remember how that was done though.

Associate
OP
I remember a long time ago discussion that Windows will at times ignore program execution requests at start up because it gives priority to the OS initialisation. i.e. it simply just wont run it.

One of the options to counter it was to delay the startup of the app or utility by defined set of time (such as 15 seconds etc) ... cant remember how that was done though.

There is an option in task scheduler to do this, it was typically set for 30 seconds and this hasn't changed, I might mess around with it, see if it helps. Cheers for the input :)

Back
Top Bottom