Taskbar Search Bar/Icon - Windows 11

Permabanned
bfDsCkI.png

Does anyone know how to remove this ******* search bar that some updates done on my machine?

Microsoft needs to stop ******* about with people's machines!

Trying to revert it back to the magnifying icon.

I've already tried some 3rd party utility. It's not working.

My PC automatically installed the update again so decided to search for a solution. This time successful. Answer below.

Vivetool > "c:\vivetool\vivetool.exe /disable /id:39263329" > Restart

Last edited:
They can't change what they don't update :p

LOL in all seriousness though with Windows 7 you had options, they didn't just randomly change around work flow people had used for years or have such a retarded approach to updates. As before I'd be less critical if you could at least pay for the professional edition and get a more power user environment. But even then they can't even make things like a compelling Store/software deployment system people would actually want to use... the whole development team needs slapping around the head (after it has been removed from their rear).

LOL in all seriousness though with Windows 7 you had options, they didn't just randomly change around work flow people had used for years or have such a retarded approach to updates. As before I'd be less critical if you could at least pay for the professional edition and get a more power user environment. But even then they can't even make things like a compelling Store/software deployment system people would actually want to use... the whole development team needs slapping around the head (after it has been removed from their rear).

They should be providing options to people via control panel applets. They shouldn’t be changing users devices every time there’s updates unless they are security updates.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you can use the start icon to search as well. No need to have the search bar. Can even just press the Win key on keyboard to bring it up then start typing, and it'll automatically start searching.

The command I posted above has stopped working. I've not just disabled it all together (the icon) and just will use the start menu.

They just going out their way to **** people off with these updates.

The command I posted above has stopped working. I've not just disabled it all together (the icon) and just will use the start menu.

They just going out their way to **** people off with these updates.
Try

vivetool /enable /id:39263329 /variant:3

Me too. I disabled it in Settings. I dont need Search button on taskbar, I can click start and type to search or click on search bar if I want to use recent searched files.

If they have integrated, it into the start menu why have an icon there it's the same number of clicks. MS need to just get rid of it and stop ******* about.

Last edited:
If they have integrated, it into the start menu why have an icon there it's the same number of clicks. MS need to just get rid of it and stop ******* about.
The thing is you've always been able to use the start menu to search with W10 (and going back even 7). Always bothered me why they thought introducing an extra icon/bar was a good idea, surely making the search in start more obvious would've been the better option.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom