Team Group XTREEM Memory Height

Soldato
Associate
OP
quite high! one of the tallest! should just be able to move up the fan if i recall depending on your case but wouldn't get 4 sticks of that ram in .

*snip*

You might be able to remove some of the heatsync to shorten the xtreem as you can with the dark pro.

*snip*

Cheers for the reply's guys I went with the 3600mhz Ram in the end as I wont need to touch the heat spreader with a D14 although I could have moved the fan up.

From my research 3600 @ CL14 or CL16 is going to me more than enough to give the 3700X decent performance on X570 especially coming from a 3820 i7, LGA2011 setup. I will no doubt be trying to squeeze every last drop out of the RAM, CPU and MOBO as that's part of the fun.

Soldato
You might be able to remove some of the heatsync to shorten the xtreem as you can with the dark pro.

I think they are one large piece per side :(

Dark PRO way to go . only got 4000hz as was on sale yonks ago

Cheers for the reply's guys I went with the 3600mhz Ram in the end as I wont need to touch the heat spreader with a D14 although I could have moved the fan up.

From my research 3600 @ CL14 or CL16 is going to me more than enough to give the 3700X decent performance on X570 especially coming from a 3820 i7, LGA2011 setup. I will no doubt be trying to squeeze every last drop out of the RAM, CPU and MOBO as that's part of the fun.

more of if you add 2 more modules , most likely you'll have to take off the top of the one closest to the cooler in the future

Back
Top Bottom