Teamgroup ddr 5 6400

Soldato
I got this ram kit for Christmas and it's starting to go really weird the motherboard bought of overclockers rams slots 1 and 2 don't work motherboard is a asus maximus hero 690 all was fine until last weekend ran prime 95 with in minutes cpu cores starting knocking off took 6400 ram out. and put in my out old ddr5 4800mhz ram in flawless don't want the hassle if a rma but will have to .

Last edited:
I've also read that some asus 690 motherboards ha ve the same issue regarding rams slots not working .
I assume your board isn't bent around the socket and your cooler hasn't shifted? That's the only reason I'm aware of for RAM slots playing up, but I haven't read those threads.

Two sticks of memory should be in A2 and B2, slots 2 and 4 as per the manual. You are running in single channel.

If that fails have you updated the bios? There have been several motherboard bios updates since release that improve memory compatibility. The latest is 3603 which you can download here. Download the bios and rename it to MZ690H.CAP then put it on a fat32 formatted usb stick. You can either plug it into your usb bios flashback port, shutdown the pc (leave power on at the wall) and hold the button until the light starts flashing or put the stick in a usb slot, reboot and enter the bios and find EZ-Flash 3 and flash it that way. Do not flash the bios using windows based software such as a driver/bios updater.

Your manual will tell you how to update the bios plus I stated the two safest ways to do it. It's really not hard to do especially as you have USB bios flashback.

As the board bootloops with the memory in the correct slots the board could be faulty. Have you checked the cpu socket on the board for bent pins? Reading around a couple of people with a similar fault fixed things by flashing the bios. I presume you enabled XMP in the bios but did you also set the DDR voltage?

Back
Top Bottom