TEAMGROUP Gen4 SSD's NOW AVAILABLE: PERFECT FOR MAINBOARDS WITH HEATSINKS/COVERS & VERY GOOD PRICES!

OcUK Staff
Hi there

So up until now the only Gen4 SSD options were the expensive Corsair and Gigabyte units which comes with large heatsink resulting in them not being compatible with many AMD Gen4 mainboards on the market that have build in heatsinks for the M.2 Slot.

TeamGroup smartly noticed this and instead of using a heatsink, have used an ultra thin piece of copper as a label for their drive which has excellent heat transfer properties, making these new Z440 M.2 SSD's perfect for the high-end motherboards.

The other plus point is the TeamGroup SSD's are also faster, they have a 5yr warranty and cost vastly less, so a massive thumbs up to TeamGroup for not only bringing us even faster Gen4 SSD's but the fact they also crushed the pricing from Corsair and Gigabyte.

Stock is due in the next 2-3 weeks and to launch these SSD's were using very aggressive pre-order pricing and placing and praying the pound holds at 1.30 until we pay for the stock, otherwise we will lose money with this pre-order price due to how aggressive it is to promote these new models from TeamGroup:

TeamGroup T-Force Cardea Zero Z440 1TB NVMe PCIe Gen4 M.2 Solid State Drive @ £188.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Team...CIe-Gen4-M.2-Solid-State-Drive-HD-007-TG.html

TM8FP7001T0C311, 1TB T-Force Cardea Zero Z440, M.2 (2280) PCIe 4.0 (x4) NVMe SSD, TLC 3D NAND, 5000MB/s Read, 4400MB/s Write,750k/750k, 5yr Warranty

Only £188.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

TeamGroup T-Force Cardea Zero Z440 2TB NVMe PCIe Gen4 M.2 Solid State Drive @ £379.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Team...CIe-Gen4-M.2-Solid-State-Drive-HD-008-TG.html

TM8FP7002T0C311, 2TB T-Force Cardea Zero Z440, M.2 (2280) PCIe 4.0 (x4) NVMe SSD, TLC 3D NAND, 5000MB/s Read, 4400MB/s Write,750k/750k, 5yr Warranty

Only £379.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

OcUK Staff
OP
Need a like button :)

Guessing we've still got a roughly 2 week wait on these, excited to get mine and chuck OS on it. And COD, and a load of other stuff :p

Yes around that time, TeamGroup ship to us in big volumes coming from far east to make shipping not so expensive, so we have a huge amount of memory incoming too, they just need to manufacturer it which won't be done until first week of November, at that point it shall all ship together.

OcUK Staff
OP
What are the speeds on these Gen4's like compared to Gen3's? Like why should I get a Gen4 (aside from the fact I want new stuff :D).

Well 5000/5000mb's and 750/750K IOPS.

Gen3 is limited to like 3500MB/s

Fact is will you be able to notice the difference? Unknown, maybe if doing large file transfers but if you already have something like a 970 EVO then its simply not worthwhile. If however your on a SATA SSD that is like 550MB/s then yes its a huge leap.

OcUK Staff
OP
Nice!

Are they looking to release GEN3 too?

being pushing them hard but best they will offer are Cardea 2 range which are red hearsink so kind of kills it and their MP34’s which we shall bring in to undercut the Rockets as same drive essentially.

OcUK Staff
OP
Well, can't say this has started very well. By which I mean this has gone terribly.

Had machine booting into bios fine. Install team group and I get nothing. Taking it out and back into bios again. Am on bios version 1201 on my Asus x570-f (will update to 1403 in the morning) but it's not looking good for team group right now!

Edit:Fixed in three easy steps:
Step 1: try removing and reinserting
Step 2: Post on forum
Step 3: repeat step one

So you up and running now? If so any chance you can post up some benchmarks as we’ve not even played internally yet but am considering one for myself in future. :)

Back
Top Bottom