Tech failing to pull out of Putin

Associate
Hi

Following Russia's' invasion in Eastern Europe how do you feel about tech companies who are not pulling out?

Personally I will be ditching any products from companies that do not pull out.

I am ambivalent about John Deere because their tractors are doing so well.

And what VPN can they use? Boris was talking about it. Opera?

Best wishes pod

Man of Honour
One of the problems with these sanctions, etc. is that a lot of it is so ad hoc and often left to smaller entities to bear the brunt of. Without a collective effort to support each other and amplify the effect it won't be as effective as it could be and cause many problems at home.

Soldato
Which companies remain 'in' Russia so to speak, various companies have made announcements regarding removal, which have either not, or have committed to continued trade?

Associate
OP
Associate
Read the thread title and thought Putin had had an unfortunate "mishap" with a hoover attachment or something.

Caporegime
You stopped using tech from China who are genociding Uyghurs?
or tech from israel #freepalestine

who was it the UK sells military stuff too again? wasnt one some country that shot protesters and has appalling human rights. didnt we train their officers too at sandhurst

Soldato
Associate
OP
That is good info, I am actually very grateful for you supplying it.
Acer Asus and Emirates can f right off.
As I would have occasionally purchased their servies adn products.
Wife will cease L'Occitane also.

My pleasure, it is an interesting list. Lenovo on there too.

Good old John Deere pulled out of Russia and Belarus https://www.deere.com/en/stories/featured/john-deere-suspends-shipments-to-russia/

On google maps there is a John Deere sales property in the industrial estate there the oil storage facility was blown up in Russia over the border. Interesting to have a look at it and the quality of the houses in that region in contrast to Putin's palace.

Back
Top Bottom