Tekken Tag 2

Soldato
Did a search for tekken tag, and nothing came up so...

Anyways http://kotaku.com/5641494/first-tekken-tag-2-tournament-trailer first trailer.

I've got to say, I'm not really looking forward to this. Tekken has gone down hill for me since the first tag, to the point I can't even bring myself to play it anymore. :(

Same here, use to LOVE Tekken, but found myself only dabbling in 6 and the download only one, which I can't even remember the name of.. Which just goes to show... :p

Associate
Woefully disappointed by Tekken 6 also. Shoddily put together with a distinct lack of slickness. The loading times were enough to get on my nerves, not to mention the ridiculously thought-out end boss on arcade mode.

The series peaked at Tekken 3. TT2 has a lot of convincing to do if I'm to buy into the franchise again.

Caporegime
Never a big fan of Tekken Tag as I felt Tekken 3 was the best/peak in the series and Tekken Tag and 4 after that were a bit on the disappointing side.

More looking forward to what they may do with Tekken x StreetFighter than Tekken Tag. (Although I have no idea when or what order these will be released in).

rp2000

Soldato
OP
Why?

Way better then non-juggling games such as SF, so much more fun banging out a 10 hit combo when opponent is in the air, and looking at their face when they get perfected :cool:

No - it's boring if the games broken to the point where you lose 80 percent life because you're against a wall and someone happened to pick the character which is "LOLZ, I R winner!"

Namco games in particular suffer from terrible balancing, SC4 was awful, a few characters could ring you out with one combo.

Caporegime
Why?

Way better then non-juggling games such as SF, so much more fun banging out a 10 hit combo when opponent is in the air, and looking at their face when they get perfected :cool:
Its STUPID - Tekken always differentiated itself from other beat-em up by having relatively realistic moves (and no gimmicks) and it felt much more weighty (a powerful move took longer to do/complete) - then they added juggling - amazing how high and floaty a person becomes for no god-damn reason - just totally broke the game...

Im embarrassed that they added that as a feature - wow grasping at straws or what...
More looking forward to what they may do with Tekken x StreetFighter than Tekken Tag. (Although I have no idea when or what order these will be released in).

rp2000
Agreed - Namco should be ashamed of themselves that people think another developer is going to do a better job of their IP than they will do...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm gonna do a sex wee! Tekken Tag Tournament is my favourite fighter ever. :D

Hopefully the online is actually usable unlike Tekken 6 & Dark Resurrection though, you get a laggy game virtually every time you get matched up with someone. There's only so much owning of the CPU you can do before it gets boring.

Soldato
OP
I'm gonna do a sex wee! Tekken Tag Tournament is my favourite fighter ever. :D

Hopefully the online is actually usable unlike Tekken 6 & Dark Resurrection though, you get a laggy game virtually every time you get matched up with someone. There's only so much owning of the CPU you can do before it gets boring.

Didn't T6 have a throw glitch where you couldn't actually escape throws, therefore many of the "good" players "banned" throwing in online tournaments?

Heard about it, but only played T6 briefly, and certainly not online. :p

Back
Top Bottom