Temp5 96c??

Associate
Something on your motherboard is getting extremely hot if HWmonitor is to be believed. I have had screwy sensor readings from that program before. It might be worth installing HWiNFO64 and seeing if that is reporting the same issue. Does anything smell hot? If it does, then shut down the PC and work out what is overheating.

Associate
OP
Something on your motherboard is getting extremely hot if HWmonitor is to be believed. I have had screwy sensor readings from that program before. It might be worth installing HWiNFO64 and seeing if that is reporting the same issue. Does anything smell hot? If it does, then shut down the PC and work out what is overheating.

The PC seems to be cool, the ambient temp seems cool when I open the side panel it just blasts me with cool air.

Nothing smells of a burning smell, or even warm. The motherboard is an Asus H170M-E D3 which was bought only 3 days ago.

HWinfo64 also says 97c.

EDIT: Downloaded speedfan and it states that Temp5 is, AUXTIN3
http://imgur.com/a/uSuVq

Associate
It's possible that it's just a faulty sensor. They do fail pretty often and they can just get stuck at some reading or other.

I would switch the PC off, let it completely cool, then switch it on and monitor the temp right away. If the sensor is faulty it may well read something stupid even when you know the PC is cold.

I would contact Asus though and find out what that temp is. AUXTIN just sounds like "Auxiliary Temperature Input" to me, which doesn't say a whole lot. It may well be that this does not even have a sensor on it for this particular board.

Back
Top Bottom