Tempered Glass, GPU brackets, PSU shrouds, RGB...

Caporegime
Oooooh... only thing is, the VGA holder, it looks like it might not be long enough for some cards, and also it only has provision for supporting one card?

Is that holder removable in the event that its not needed?

Soldato
OP
Yes it is removable (1 thumb screw). I have removed it here and installed a pump on the bar.

2017-09-13%2018.04.05.jpg

Soldato
So do you think all of the below cases which all have solid front panel with small side vents, or no vents in some instances - do they suffer from sub-standard air flow as well? If air flow was such a problem with a solid front and side vents do you think all these cases would be successful?

Yes, they all do except the corsair 400C/Q which is odd cause I normally dislike corsair products but props for giving the front fans enough ventilation. People don't really think about airflow when choosing a case, they mostly choose what looks good. Reviewers seem to have also forgotten about it as well with temperature testing often missing from the reviews.

CA030PT_111705_800x800.jpg

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX is pretty damn awful for front airflow. Looks great though.

CA035RT_152429_800x800.jpg

Raijintek Asterion is hilarious as it has front fan mounts but those fans don't actually draw in any air, just blow around the air already in the case. No intake from the bottom either. I am almost certain that this does not sell well.

CA216CS_121655_800x800.jpg
corsair2.jpg

Corsair Carbide 400C/Q both have large vents on both side to allow for ample airflow. Given the good price, clean aesthetic, corsair branding I would assume these sell very well.

fractal.JPG

Fractal Design Define R12345, they're alright with vents on both sides but not great. Of course on some models they have a front door which users can open to allow for more air during intense workloads.

inwin.JPG

Inwin 805 - Another case with no front intake despite having fans. Fortunately it has two fan slots on the bottom to actually get some air in.

inwin11.jpg

Inwin 303 - I am so glad you included this cause inwin designed this around having zero airflow from the front. Rather air comes in from the bottom and goes out the top. So that's just great.

nzxt%20s340.JPG

Nzxt S340, like my own H440 is not awful but definitely not great.

P400.JPG

Phanteks P400s airflow is just pants.

Soldato
OP
The fact remains that many many systems are made in these cases, and I do not see people complaining because their system is overheating. I think there maybe too much focus on airflow. Granted you do not some flow for sure, but I don't think it matters as much as some people think. Otherwise all these systems out in the world would be crashing/freezing due to overheating.

Associate
From what I've read on OCN Phanteks owners club the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX can have airflow issues. Some are not impressed with temps. The other cases Disco P has posted no idea, I only looked at the Phanteks case as was going use that prior to purchasing Be Quiet Dark Base 900.

Even the DB9 has issues, but as it was more modular and tweakable for interior aspect I was happy to go DB9. After doing my recent build the mobo tray movable up and down was ever so handy. Without it the connectors for fans, IO, etc would have been blocked partially by PSU.

I opted to do mesh mod on front panel to gain temps very similar to without stock door and 'free air flow'.

aobwBAc.jpg

For me I'd really like it if manufacturers started selling 'panels' with more mesh/designed towards airflow. Even if I was buying then as accessories.

Soldato
OP

PC Spec is:
  • Antec P110 Luce Case
  • Antec EDGE 750w PSU
  • AMD Ryzen 1600X
  • Asus X370 F-Gaming
  • Gskill 16GB RGB 3200mhz DDR4 Kit
  • 128GB SSD
  • 2TB 7200 rpm HDD
  • GTX 980ti with alphacool block
  • Alphacool 360mm radiator
  • Alphacool res/pump
  • Cablemod RGB strip
  • Alphacool fittings
  • 16mm/10mm tubing
  • Mayhems Nano fluid with UV pink dye

Soldato
I opted to do mesh mod on front panel to gain temps very similar to without stock door and 'free air flow'.

aobwBAc.jpg

For me I'd really like it if manufacturers started selling 'panels' with more mesh/designed towards airflow. Even if I was buying then as accessories.

That looks really nice. Agree with mesh front as accessories - many cases have removable fronts so it would be easily swappable.

Soldato

PC Spec is:
  • Antec P110 Luce Case
  • Antec EDGE 750w PSU
  • AMD Ryzen 1600X
  • Asus X370 F-Gaming
  • Gskill 16GB RGB 3200mhz DDR4 Kit
  • 128GB SSD
  • 2TB 7200 rpm HDD
  • GTX 980ti with alphacool block
  • Alphacool 360mm radiator
  • Alphacool res/pump
  • Cablemod RGB strip
  • Alphacool fittings
  • 16mm/10mm tubing
  • Mayhems Nano fluid with UV pink dye
i like the case, but the things that put me off (constructive feedback)

• size of the Antec logos, looks bit like a marketing piece than tasteful inclusion
  • The silly A on the thumbscrews, if you really want them make them grey not Yellow...
  • all the random Yellow Text, Looks very 10 years ago/boy racer. even if its just for pictures

Associate
Where is your QI charger pad on top?

I bought a Dark Base 900 and not Dark Base Pro 900 :) . It was at too good a price not to buy ;) . I bought the tempered glass panel afterwards :) . Even then it came in ~half retail price of Dark Base Pro 900. The extras with a DBP9 would have been something I wouldn't use. I even removed the fan controller of DB9 as I use mobo to control fans based on water temp of loop.

That looks really nice. Agree with mesh front as accessories - many cases have removable fronts so it would be easily swappable.

Thanks :) . +1 manufacturers could easily sell mesh panels as accessories. Modular interiors like the DB9 should be more common also.

Associate
Not sure why but a lot of the time if your running water or air your card is usually only showing PCB or a backplate but some of these new cases give you the ability to show the better side fans or water. That's what I like about this and a full length shroud on the bottom, nice piece of kit I think.

Soldato
Looks a really nice case, will consider it for my next build.

Only thing I don't like is the large HD caddies on the front or the daft writing on the cages!

Could they not be hidden under the PSU shroud or on the back? :(

Associate
What is the maximum GPU length?

If i have a RX vega installed which i think is approx 280mm long how much space do i have between the back of the card and the front of the case for Rads, Fans, Resi?

Soldato
OP
What is the maximum GPU length?

If i have a RX vega installed which i think is approx 280mm long how much space do i have between the back of the card and the front of the case for Rads, Fans, Resi?
There is a total of 44cm of space.

@Ace Modder
Does the Antec Glass P110 Luce come with the GPU vertical mount bracket?
No, but all you should need is to mount the GPU on the rear of the case in the vertical slot and use a riser cable to your motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom