• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Temporary upgrade

Associate
Hi there, my Gtx 970 has stopped working and currently using an 730gt, and i know the new graphic cards will be out soon, bad time for it to die, so i was thinking of getting an GTX 1660 6Gb, for time being until the new releases, i game at 1440p 144mhz or is there something cheaper to get while i wait. budget 250, don't mind going a bit more if it's worth.

Regards

Associate
Hi there, my Gtx 970 has stopped working and currently using an 730gt, and i know the new graphic cards will be out soon, bad time for it to die, so i was thinking of getting an GTX 1660 6Gb, for time being until the new releases, i game at 1440p 144mhz or is there something cheaper to get while i wait. budget 250, don't mind going a bit more if it's worth.

Regards

Maybe consider a used rx 470,480,570, 580, rx 470 is similar performance and can often be found for around £50 to £75 used online, good card to keep you going.

Save your budget for the new cards, sell the used rx card for around the same price you paid or maybe even make a profit on it at the right price.

Your faulty gtx 970 will still have some value, people do buy faulty graphics card,but of course, list it as faulty.

Associate

Regards

I have the exact same issue my asus 970 passed away so i went and got the PNY 1660 super as a side grade till the new 30xx series comes out.
I have to admit i am a little surprised by the card and it overclocks very well too

Associate
Your gtx 690,might be worth around £70 each(maybe a bit more) , if you could sell them both and put another £30 in, you would be looking at a used 980ti or similar, good card for 1440p gaming, let the monitor upscale the image to 4k, would be a good stop gap solution.

Then hold out for a good equivalent to a rtx 2080ti in the new range of cards... Maybe £600 to £800 ish, depending on the competition from AMD.

Back
Top Bottom