temps during stress test

Associate
hi are these temps ok or too high during prime 95 running for about 1h 50m

Sketch%206.png

Soldato
I mean, it's toasty, but assuming your house has joined in with the rest of the UK, this is also a very harsh weekend for doing stress testing :) My ambient today was a good 7-8 degrees above normal and that seems to translate into more than 8 degrees in PC thermals.

Outside of stress testing on a hot day, I doubt you'll see above low 80s.

Soldato
room temp is 29, I think normal temps are around mid-high 70s

Also, which version of Prime 95? I got caught out last week because the later ones use AVX, which adds 5-10 degrees over the older flavours. Very few real programs will hammer AVX in this way and most people don't use it as a benchmark. Make sure to grab 26.6 or earier :)

Soldato
I disabled avx in prime 95

Then yeah, ok, it's running hot and if that was your day-to-day gaming/working temps you should do something about it. But I bet it's fine in day to day use and normal weather. Maybe try some Blender tests in a couple of... weeks... :)

Soldato
Have the same issue while running Prime95 26.6, temps hitting 100c. It doesn't go too high while gaming (70-80), however it does if I'm editing photos in Lightroom Classic CC (100c).

I think I might need to replace the paste, add more fans or even replace the cooler. It's a stock Intel cooler, so isn't great but I had to use that when my AIO cooler broke.

Running in BIOS though, temps stay around 45c.

Soldato
Have the same issue while running Prime95 26.6, temps hitting 100c. It doesn't go too high while gaming (70-80), however it does if I'm editing photos in Lightroom Classic CC (100c).

I think I might need to replace the paste, add more fans or even replace the cooler. It's a stock Intel cooler, so isn't great but I had to use that when my AIO cooler broke.

Running in BIOS though, temps stay around 45c.
Hope you weren't overclocking on that cooler!

Soldato
Hope you weren't overclocking on that cooler!

Nah, never actually overclocked my CPU as it automatically seems to go to 4.4 when pushed, i7 4790K. Annoyingly I only had to replace to the stock cooler in April, so I'm not even sure what's going on with these temps.

EDIT: Just to add I only ran Prime95 because of the issues I noticed using Lightroom.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom