Ten Pin Bowling Clubs or other ideas

Associate
My wife wants to play ten pin bowling but she wants to join a club. We both have plenty of time and this is something we would want to do together. I did a quick search on google and couldn't find anything interesting. We live in south london and would be looking for something within reasonable traveling distance.

I know there are other things to do, but she got the idea from tv and thought it looked like fun and something relaxed. If anyone could point us in the right direction it would be fantastic.

Kind regards.

Soldato
I would head along to the local bowling alley and ask if there are any clubs that come regularly for practise, then try to get contact details or find out what night they play and come and introduce yourself. More independent places - ie not GoBowling tend to have clubs visiting them.

Associate
I'm definitely not trying to put you off cause it could be something good for you to do as a couple. But I played in a club in scotland (so can't help with where to bowl, sorry) and found it much less fun than playing with your mates.

Some people took it too serious for my liking and that seems to suck the fun right out of it for me. Also there was compulsory high fives after every spare/strike, which makes me cringe just thinking about how cheesy it was.

On the plus side though bowling rates were great compared to what a non club player would pay and with the right people it could be fine.

Man of Honour
You definitely need to get into a club that's right for you. I was happy being very serious about it and pushing for the best scores every game, but light-hearted members that joined never lasted very long.

There are clubs that are there just for a laugh rather than competition, decide which you want to be and go from there with the advice of a local pin monkey :)

Back
Top Bottom