Tennis

Soldato
2UCbJA1.jpg

Indian Wells will be Emma Raducanu's first tournament since her US Open win. Seeded 17, she has a Bye in the first round and will play either Osorio Serrano or Sasnovich in the second round. If she gets through her first match she could potentially face Simona Halep in the third round.

Osaka, Barty and Sabalenka are not playing, so Karolina Pliskova, Swiatek and Krejcikova are the top three seeds.

For the men, no Federer, Djokovic, Nadal or Theim, so Medvedev, Tsitsipas and Zverev are the top three seeds. Andy Murray will no doubt be hoping for a good run as he continues his return from injury. Cameron Norrie, I'm sure, will be looking to quickly forget his San Diego final defeat, but hopefully he'll be feeling positive after a good year.

It will be interesting to see how Raducanu gets on, will be fantastic if she can reproduce her US Open form and win it as it'll give her a good chance of making the end of year finals.

I've been keeping up with Andy Murray's performances and he's definitely improving with each match, it feels like he's just a few % away from going deep in tournaments.

The Us Open was thoroughly enjoyable so hopefully we get more of the same. Looking forward to it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Women's Draw (singles) - https://www.wtatennis.com/tournament/609/indian-wells/2021/draws

Men's Draw (singles & doubles) - https://www.atptour.com/en/scores/current/indian-wells/404/draws?matchType=Singles

Live Tennis Rankings - https://live-tennis.eu/en/atp-live-ranking

Live Women's Race - https://live-tennis.eu/en/wta-race (Raducanu currently 15th)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Soldato
Boo. My free amazon prime trial that I used to watch the US open ran out today.

Saw the result of Norrie's final defeat on the BBC website the other day. Ouch. :p

Soldato
OP
Andy Murray has drawn Mannarino in the first round, if he wins that he will face Alcaraz in the second.

Norrie and Evans have both been given a first round Bye.

Boo. My free amazon prime trial that I used to watch the US open ran out today.

Saw the result of Norrie's final defeat on the BBC website the other day. Ouch. :p

Norrie played really well throughout the week, managing to beat Shapovalov and Rublev, but his game wasn't there in the final, that and Ruud was very strong.

I'm sure Murray felt a bit better, seeing Ruud win the title, after losing to him early on in the tournament. Murray had his chances in that match, tbf.

Rooting for Emma. Would be incredible if she could follow up the US with a 1000.

mens side is just a massive meh

Yeah, to start the year off placed 150 (or whatever it was) in the rankings and then find yourself winning a slam and possibly making it to the end of year finals is quite the achievement.

Her coach for Indian Wells is Jeremy Bates... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/58797409

Soldato
OP
Emma Raducanu will be playing Aliaksandra Sasnovich (currently ranked 94) on Friday night.

Andy Murray's match will be Friday night. too.

Not sure on the times yet.

Soldato
Raducanu is the favourite, currently 7.0, around 14%

Fernandez is 23.0, around 4%

Womens tennis is there for someone to sweep it up.

The mens side Medv is around 40% and Zverev is 20% crazy. Theres no depth in either but a couple of stand out players in the mens the difference.

Caporegime
I wouldn’t fancy 6/1 myself. It’s a massive ask to follow the slam win up with this imo. Plus, she will probably face Halep in the second round. Halep does have the game to beat her. We’re talking about a player who beat Serena Williams in the Wimbledon final.

Soldato
I wouldn’t fancy 6/1 myself. It’s a massive ask to follow the slam win up with this imo. Plus, she will probably face Halep in the second round. Halep does have the game to beat her. We’re talking about a player who beat Serena Williams in the Wimbledon final.

I agree, I don’t think she’ll win it. Every single one of them will have her in her sights and as the main target.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, late but I'll still be watching. Was planning on staying up tomorrow night as well for the boxing.

I think AM said he went away and bought a new pair of shoes while he was looking for his old ones, so at least he's got a spare pair now.

It's just bizarre, I can't fathom why he would only have one pair of shoes available.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, not a terrific start but things starting to go her way.

Edit: Not to be. Apart from a brief moment in the second set Raducanu looked a little subdued, a little lacking in energy. I don't think she enjoyed any part of that match, tbh.

Murray up next.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Doesn’t surprise me tbh, after the buzzing, whirlwind last few weeks she’s had, it’s understandable that she’s a little flat on her return. She’s got to get going with her new coach, so really I wouldn’t expect much for the rest of the season.

We know beyond all reasonable doubt that the game is in her. You don’t fluke a 100% set record US Open.

Soldato
OP
Comfortable win for AM against Mannarino last night but Alcaraz in the next round will be a different kettle of fish.

Tonight, for the Brits, Evans takes on Nishikori and Norrie faces Sandgren.

Soldato
OP
You can get a free trial of Amazon Prime, dunno if that's an option for you.

Tennis on there is pretty good these days, they have a lot of tournaments.

Back
Top Bottom