Tesco Limited Edition Mexican Chilli Chicken Sandwhich

Caporegime
It is not often I don't bring to work a sizeable luncheon, but being on call this week, I have been a little remiss, and so this Friday I've been caught short.

So my hand was forced and I had to traipse over to Tesco's to buy something for lunch. God knows why but I opted for one of their sandwiches. Perhaps it was the packaging that caught my eye, perhaps the Limited edition stickers. Or perhaps the £1.60 price tag. Whatever it was, I handed over some of my hard earned post tax coppers and left, with a small sense of anticipation. Surely this new sandwich would leave my tastebuds craving more? This sandwich, "inspired by regional American cuisine, influenced by the food of Mexico" would hopefully inspire me, whisking me away to the planes of the Sierra Madre Orientals?

Well folks. Fellow cuisine aficionados. Let me tell you thus:

I have never tasted a sandwich that tasted of anything less. Indeed, it would not be contrived to say that I didn't taste this sandwich, because there was nothing to taste. The Tesco Limited Edition Mexican Chilli Chicken Sandwhich is to sandwiches, as Dulux would have been to 16th century Chapel ceiling painting. If I hadn't have put the packet in my bin I could be entirely forgiven for wondering if I'd even eaten it.

Allow this post to serve as a friendly warning. If you want a nice sandwich, do not buy this particular offering. Indeed, should you want a horrible sandwich, for whatever reason, do not buy this sandwich. In short, if there were some way to vomit this sandwich back into its original shape and place it in the box, I would be seeking a refund right about now.

Wherever you are, I hope you enjoy your lunch today.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm a fan of Sainsbury's meal deal range personally.

My favourite is the ever-impressive Taste the Difference: King Prawns & Rocket on multiseed farmhouse batch bread. This (which alone is £3.00), plus a bag of apple slices and a Tropicana comes in at the grand total of £3.00. Happy days.

Associate
Aye, not surprised - most of the Tesco sandwiches are rubbish.

Even the ones in their "Extra Special" - or whatever it's called - prestige sandwich range are really sub-par.

I am a ponce and get my sandwiches from M&S or Waitrose if I have to buy them in. I'm living the middle class dream!

J86

J86

Associate
The spicy pork sandwich wraps in tesco are rubbish too. Hardily any pork in them, I think there was one tiny piece in each wrap.

Soldato
Tescos limited edition sandwiches are always crap.

I had one a while back, can't remember exactly what it was*, other than the fact it was disgusting. Tasted like a tramps arse.

Tescos BLT isn't bad though.

*Just remembered - it was southern fried chicken.

Last edited:
Associate
This is the first time I've been forced to buy a sandwich in a few months :(.

Amen, brother - DIY is the way to go. I work from home, so I'm just boiling some eggs for homemade egg mayonnaise with loads of mayo, wilted spinach and olive bread. Oh yes!

On a side note, the packs of Bresaola are decent from Tesco.

Just thinking about it, supermarket sandwiches never, ever seem to be seasoned.

Soldato
I've now taken to buying a half baguette, 2 slices of the cooked ham from the deli counter and a lettuce + salad cream for lunch if I forget my sandwiches. It came to about £2.20 last time as was much much better than any of the pre packed sandwiches! However the cleaner at work didn't thank me due to the crumbs :(

Commissario
I'm a fan of Sainsbury's meal deal range personally.

My favourite is the ever-impressive Taste the Difference: King Prawns & Rocket on multiseed farmhouse batch bread. This (which alone is £3.00), plus a bag of apple slices and a Tropicana comes in at the grand total of £3.00. Happy days.

We have something in common!:eek:

The Tesco Limited Edition Mexican Chilli Chicken Sandwhich is to sandwiches, as Dulux would have been to 16th century Chapel ceiling painting.

This, this gave me a proper laugh. Quality write up, shame your sammich was so terrible.

Greg's do a nice Mexican affair, well nice on a scale of your sandwich to "passable" at any rate.

Caporegime
Lol that was the best bit of writing i have read on this forum in a long time. I never do this but i am going to rate this thread 5 stars, just for the joy that it brought to me.

Back
Top Bottom