• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Testing 7600k potential

Associate
Been having a bit of a play around with a new system I've made at work. It's meant to be an office PC so relatively budget motherboard and cooler, but it's got no problem running RealBench and SuperPI @ 5.2GHz/1.4v which struck me as surprisingly high.

It's a fairly quick and dirty OC and like I said it's a budget build (Z270-D3H and Raijintek Themis cooler) - what else can I do to test the potential of this chip? I've spent more time benching than I did on the overclock so I think it can go further.

Worth buying a replacement CPU and keeping this one?

Soldato
It appears that you've found yourself a gem. Congratulations! Recently I've seen others winning the lottery more frequently.

Run LinX 0.6.5 for 4 threads and 8GB of memory, and verify that you have at least 240 Gflops performance without error. Then lower the voltage step by step. When you get errors, just up the voltage for a notch so you can run it for 24x7 without concern.

Soldato
If voltage and temps are sensible I think I'd be inclined to buy another and swap the chip out ;)

That said I don't know what's good going for that chip, I would imagine most should be able hit 5ghz, and you might not want to run 1.4v 24/7.

Back
Top Bottom