Testing gpu

Associate
On behalf of my friend "Hello guys how would i test vram of gpu as im unsure if my ax760 psu is on its way or my gpu (1060 6gb had it since launched). I tried to use memtestg80 but not sure how?? I get weord pink/green artefacts when changing resolutions. I ran 4k desktopt for my tv for netflix and other 4k content and then play games at 1080p. Thanks in advance Jake"

I would appreciate if you could assist.

Associate
Hi I use furmark to stress my GPU.
puts it to 100% load and has a temp and fan reading. I only do about 5 mins as no game will stress a card at 100% for that length of time.
May still get issue with a dodgy PSU, how old is the PSU? I would advise to swap PSU for a known one or test GFX in system without errors.
The wierd attracts are pointing to the GPU. Is that when changing resolution up it down? Or both?
No issues when gaming? Might just be a signal error when changing resolution. Try different GPU output port, monitor input, cable, monitor itself.
Driver version up to date.
Lots to try and eliminate.
Good luck with testing and post back.

Associate
OP
Hi I use furmark to stress my GPU.
puts it to 100% load and has a temp and fan reading. I only do about 5 mins as no game will stress a card at 100% for that length of time.
May still get issue with a dodgy PSU, how old is the PSU? I would advise to swap PSU for a known one or test GFX in system without errors.
The wierd attracts are pointing to the GPU. Is that when changing resolution up it down? Or both?
No issues when gaming? Might just be a signal error when changing resolution. Try different GPU output port, monitor input, cable, monitor itself.
Driver version up to date.
Lots to try and eliminate.
Good luck with testing and post back.

I'vent run Furmark yet but in games temps don't go above 70 with a respective fan curve of up to 60% while running AC Odyssey max out on my 980ti amp!. I get this kind of artifacts for a split of a second when changing screen resolution from 4k to 1080p on my LG TV (Yet no artifacts when going from 1080p to 4k?!) This happens when I lunch a game that has 1080p settings or when manually change the resolution down. I've tried to record a video but when recording none of these artifacts appears in the recordings - used shadowplay to record it.
7fa42cbed90ec1689f8071eaac13800a-full.jpg

I tried different HDMI cable and a different port on the TV but the issue still persists. (I haven't tested different port on my graphics card as none are compatible with my TV). The power supply is Corsair AX760 which is a 5-year-old power supply.

I've tried my 980ti amp! it in my brother pc which is a newer computer with EVGA G2 650W (3 years old) and same issue even when swapping cables/hdmi ports on TV around (according to LG all ports are HDMI 2.0 capable of 60 hz). This made me think it might be my TV? So I tested it on another 4k TV in my living room and the same thing but with less of artifacts but still there.

Back to my brothers pc, I have used his pc (i7 8700k +1080ti+ evga g2 650W psu) that was build just 2 months ago on my TV + living room with various HDMI cables and the same artifact issue persists when changing the resolution 4k to 1080p. Yet when testing on his LG ultrawide monitor using my HDMI there are no issues when changing resolution nor did I when plugged my pc into his monitor (but his resolution is constant which would explain).

I tried newest and older graphics card driver and still the same artifact issue (I used DDU to uninstall the old drivers + installed new)

Please note I haven't noticed any artifacts in games or when browsing web or watching Netflix.

Any suggestions on what would be my next step? Thanks in advance.

Permabanned
I run 3Dmark or heaven on loop setting for an hour.

start with a second system, and test. if that pass's put your GPU in that system and retest. this way you will find out if the GPU is the problem

Associate
OP
Update with a fix if anyone has a similar issue.

It turned out to be my bulky 10m HDMI cable was the problem it was pulling down on TV input and once replaced with a 1m thinner HDMI cable no issues whats so over.

Back
Top Bottom