Testing memory on Ivybridge

Associate
Ok so I have just built my p8Z77 V Pro with 8Mb Samsung Green Before installing Windows I Would like to test my memory but am not sure which is the best program to use After a little research I am still confused Do I use Memtest86 or Memtest86+ or is there a better option. And have they been upgraded (or need to be upgraded) to deal with Ivybridge

TIA

Caporegime
You can use Memtest86+ if you wish.

Personally I'd just get on with installing Windows.

You'll soon find out if something isn't working as it should.

Soldato
I agree with the OP tbh

Faulty RAM doesn't necessary show up during the install process or even during normal usage, you'll only see it when the faulty area is directly addressed. (I've had this with a recent build - Only prime95 full memory showed the problem)

Boot from the memtest cd ... leave it running for 30 minutes and make yourself a cup of tea :)

I say this after opening a brand spanking new pack of memory today only to discover one of the DIMMs to be faulty ..... that's the 3rd stick in as many weeks :mad:

Caporegime
Faulty RAM doesn't necessary show up during the install process or even during normal usage, you'll only see it when the faulty area is directly addressed. (I've had this with a recent build - Only prime95 full memory showed the problem)

If that's the case then the best option for the OP would be to install Windows and run a Prime95 full memory test.

Back
Top Bottom