Testoserone and bodybuilding.

Soldato
for boosting testosterone levels i've found Norateen Heavyweight 2 to be excellent, in 2wks i gained 10kg benchpress (i am very weak on chest too), 20kg's on my seated row! i didn't notice a outburst in acne with this product but i did notice innitially the first time i started i got a little bit more irritable so if you have a short fuse be warey of testosterone boosting products! but my strength gains were incredible on this, and the best part is i've sustained the strength months down the line after coming off it!

Soldato
Chong Warrior said:
Taurine is fantastic for preventing hangovers. 5g before turning out along with a load of water and you'll be fine in the morning :)

It helps keep the body hydrated, it's one of the resons they put it in Red Bull as it counter acts the dehydration effect of the caffeine.

Yeah i've just got some from MP (you'll notice you've got some more reward points;)). It seems to be very good for cutting out cramps (was getting them bad when i started low carbing), have been using some overpriced H&B stuff while waiting for my order.

Soldato
oddjob62 said:
Yeah i've just got some from MP (you'll notice you've got some more reward points;)). It seems to be very good for cutting out cramps (was getting them bad when i started low carbing), have been using some overpriced H&B stuff while waiting for my order.
Cheers matey :)

Yeah it's just one of the many things taurine helps with, I believe it can help with cramp in 2 ways. One is it regulates fluids in the body and two it helps make sure there's enough calcium going in and out of the cells, low calcium levels causes cramp but taurine puts every last bit to use, which prevents cramping.

Here's some uses of taurine I've managed to find, there are more!
  • Cell volumizer, draws water into muscle cell, like Creatine. Improving strength and size.
  • Increases protein synthesis in the muscle
  • Protects the neurons in your body
  • Helps relax the excitary neurons (chills you out)
  • Helps with circulating and vasodilation (better pump)
  • Regulates bodily fluids
  • Improves bile production

Soldato
Wow, Taurine seems like it might be ideal for me. How is it best implemented into a daily routine?

Also Chong, I'm interested in your workout plan. Would you be able to post your gains, nutrition and supplements at all?

Soldato
He has an excellent journal over at MyProtein.co.uk, under the name of Bison. You should check this out, it's a very interesting read.

Soldato
Chong Warrior said:
Try the ZMA with 5g of Taurine before bed. Throw some Vitamin B12 in for good measure... now there's a good nights kip ;)

Tried some ZMA and Taurine last night (not got any B12). Took it about an hour before bed and got off to sleep no probs. Not sure i slept any better than usual, I had to pick my flatmate up from the airport so it was a late one and felt pretty rubbish this morning but i'll keep it up and see how i get on :)

Soldato
Maybe you're sleeping deeply enough with the ZMA? I know I used to. Though I don't use it anymore as I think I can spend the budget I allow myself for supplements more wisely.

Even my wife who takes nothing but a multi-vit and an Omega 3 and it's taken me years to get her to take just those, has got into taking taurine before bed, she loves it!:D
Royality said:
Wow, Taurine seems like it might be ideal for me. How is it best implemented into a daily routine?

Also Chong, I'm interested in your workout plan. Would you be able to post your gains, nutrition and supplements at all?
Best taken before bed I believe but I also take it pre workout. From what I've gathered so far about 5g seems to work the best pre-workout but 2g could be beneficial before sleeping, I just take a tespoon which is roughly 4g.

As S7yl3s kindly pointed out I have an online training journal over on the MP forums but it's quite a long read and I stop doing the HST routine for a while due to work commitments so end up just doing a boring old Push/Pull/Legs kind of workout. Back on the HST now though :)

Nutrition wise I've never been one for calorie counting and eating a planned out diet, it just doesn't work for me. I have meals I'll eat but I know in my head were I'm upto roughly. It's only when cutting I count calories.

Supplements? Loads :D

Back
Top Bottom