Thaiphoon Burner?

Associate
Most Ryzen laptops have no access to XMP or other memory optimisations, whilst browsing for more info on the topic, I find this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDLaptops...providing_advices_for_tightening_ram_timings/

If all this gent did is possible then holy hell, memory on Ryzen chips may actually be tunable. Has anybody used this programme before?
In terms of tuning ram how the hell do you even start, when I try looking half the time I just find videos of people explaining what ram is and what it does. That I have known for a long time, but I want to learn the finer arts. That and if it makes it so i can run CL18 legit on 32gb of 3200mhz, I am all up for that learning curve.

Soldato
It's been around for many years as I remember downloading the demo to try and get some memory set to a lower speed, to work with an Nvidia chipset Mac Mini.
My issue was that none of my DDR3 sticks were writable (Corsair and Crucial).
This looks like quite a decent walkthrough, so I guess I'd give it a try if I was looking to get more performance out of a laptop. If it went wrong, you should be able to set everything back to what it was before.

Back
Top Bottom