That ******* EDGE

Associate
Hi folks I got an Asus hero and cpu Kaby lake style thing is Edge slows down to a crawl I never had this problem with my Amd setup I just thought Id try Kaby Lake and edge wont work and explorer wont work either Opera is fine but its one of those things Its their so it should work. Any hoo any else else suffer this main hard drives an ssd all mod **** in it. its only some sites that slow down not them all I'm overclocked 4.9ghz this is done through Asus AI Suite 3 mem timings are good that's the corsair 3000 led 32 gig of and that's about it
help me please I'm melting

Associate
OP
no still slows down about 3 minutes to load a picture no ad killers or anything I took out every thing accept sound card a zxr I'm gonna uninstall all that tonight Creative cards do come with a lot of bloat ware even uninstalled all usb devices and their software when windows first came out it was ok I think this was down to one of their service packs

Associate
OP
No but it just happened after an update thing is I cant remember what one my pc just downloads them you know what its like they don't usually cause the problem till later

Associate
OP
Yes mate of course it was a clean install that's an always thing when getting a new system. I was running Asus Maximuxs fomula board with 9590 at 5ghz stable no probs just wanted all the niggly little thing like sata 3 and stuff and it turns out its not that great kaby lake at most stable is running best at 4.8ghz 800 quid for a bell and whistle LOL

Soldato
Ah right, sorry I misunderstood.

Just because it doesn't clock as high doesn't mean it's not that better, the IPC alone makes Kabylake perform a lot better than that old Piledriver chip.

Is it perhaps the Creators update causing issues? In system properties the version will be 1703 for that. From poking the big Windows 10 thread it does seem to be causing some issues.

Do you get the same slow downs if you run everything at stock speeds?

Associate
OP
yes and its getting worse at stock speed pictures on some site wont load also clicking on links don't work every day it gets worse like thiers a rot set in and it aint curing using mcaffe and it comes up with nothing could it be office pro?

Associate
I would update anything that I could.
Reboot and test after each change.

Stay at stock clocks to rule out the overclock.

I find it's not too much hassle to reinstall from backup if it's planned.
That will fix it (or find the cause)

Back
Top Bottom