*that* Land Rover hot rod.

Soldato
it looks like a pile of crap, which of course it is. Sorry but this is no hotrod, it is a disgrace. I fully understand how those pre-49 guys hate it.

Soldato
This is a great car because, had it been kept totally standard it'd be rotting in the ground somewhere, or worse still - sat in a museum.

Everything else about the car from the dash to the rear wings shows a genuine working life.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
This is awesome, why is it pre 49 why that year specifically for hot rods?

As far as I know, '49 is just an arbitrary cut-off that the hot rod 'scene' declared. And when I say 'scene', I refer to those guys that penski talks about - the ones with identikit '32 Fords all modified in exactly the same way. Some of which are great cars, owned by decent guys. But more than a few are merely unimaginative gits who have missed the point of hot rodding.

This allows anyone with, say, a very early VW Type 1 (Beetle) or an early Landy to make something that'll really irritate them. Hence, the car in this thread.

Soldato
As far as I know, '49 is just an arbitrary cut-off that the hot-rod 'scene' declared. And when I say 'scene', I refer to those guys that penski talks about - the ones with identikit '32 Fords all modified in exactly the same way.

This allows anyone with, say, a very early VW Type 1 (Beetle) or an early Landy to make something that'll really irritate them. Hence, the car in this thread.

I see so basically the people who think they're gods made up this rule. Any other controversial pre 49 cars? Or are these two the main ones?

Soldato
My old man spotted this on the M5 near Taunton a few days back, doing about Mach 5 in the outside lane :) (going to RTTS perhaps?) He was most impressed at how quick it was.

G_D

G_D

Associate
Love it, great lil build. My favorite of your finds so far penski. Looks like silencers more or less been taking off, thats gonna sound aggressive with the rover in there. Needs whacking back on SUs tho :p

Back
Top Bottom