[[[The 2022 Gym Rats Thread]]] ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Man of Honour
tduF4RY.jpg
0azo585.jpg

Really happy with where things are at at the minute. Down to around 212lbs from 260lbs last August.

Everything feels easier, much more energy to actually do stuff, much happier in my skin and really enjoying training again.

Strength is nowhere near my past peaks but neither is it terrible especially considering the amount of weight lost and the fact 90% of my workouts are machine based these days. More importantly I also don't feel absolutely ruined in terms of creaking joints and picking up little niggles all the time.

I've trained properly on and off for about 13 years I think and I think as I quickly approach my 34th birthday I'm in the best shape and overall health that I've ever been.

Oooooft. Yes, please.

Associate
tduF4RY.jpg
0azo585.jpg

Really happy with where things are at at the minute. Down to around 212lbs from 260lbs last August.

Everything feels easier, much more energy to actually do stuff, much happier in my skin and really enjoying training again.

Strength is nowhere near my past peaks but neither is it terrible especially considering the amount of weight lost and the fact 90% of my workouts are machine based these days. More importantly I also don't feel absolutely ruined in terms of creaking joints and picking up little niggles all the time.

I've trained properly on and off for about 13 years I think and I think as I quickly approach my 34th birthday I'm in the best shape and overall health that I've ever been.
your a beast man thanks for the monday motivation haha.

12 week cut begins on monday. lets have it

Man of Honour
Oooooft. Yes, please.
Anytime big boy ;)
Wait till your 10 years older and closer to my age @tom_e you'll be a ******* monster!
I'll almost certainly get the itch to move back to strength based goals at some point so you never know, might be pushing my best weights in my 40's :D
your a beast man thanks for the monday motivation haha.

12 week cut begins on monday. lets have it
Cheers mate, someone actually said to me in the gym the other week "I'd love to be built like you". Blew my mind to be honest, never seen myself as being in any where near good enough shape to be someone's goal.

Man of Honour
But it is monday? Also why wait, no reason to not start now!

Agreed. I looked at the forecast today and made a point of getting up and going before the heat. Workout done. These are the days that matter most.

I’m the most shredded I’ve been. I always trim in the summer due to being off work and controlling my eating and sleep well, but having entered the summer having lost mostly fat with Covid I’ve never been in better shape :p

Squat session done. Back to pre Covid strength. 201x2x1, 191x3x3, 151x3x6 (weight, set, rep). Moved well too :)

Man of Honour
Agreed. I looked at the forecast today and made a point of getting up and going before the heat. Workout done. These are the days that matter most.

I’m the most shredded I’ve been. I always trim in the summer due to being off work and controlling my eating and sleep well, but having entered the summer having lost mostly fat with Covid I’ve never been in better shape :p

Squat session done. Back to pre Covid strength. 201x2x1, 191x3x3, 151x3x6 (weight, set, rep). Moved well too :)
I'm off to do mine when I finish at half 2, if anyone has opened the windows and let the lovely chilly air out I think there'll be a witch hunt :cry:
It's a great feeling isn't it Tom? I get more positive feedback on my physique now than ever before.

I'm not surprised you have great proportions you look amazing.
It is, especially when it comes from someone that doesn't know you. That feels totally different to someone that knows you've been working on it and how you looked before saying you're looking good, naughty side of my brain instantly thinks "Are they just saying it to be nice" :o

Man of Honour
I'm off to do mine when I finish at half 2, if anyone has opened the windows and let the lovely chilly air out I think there'll be a witch hunt :cry:

It is, especially when it comes from someone that doesn't know you. That feels totally different to someone that knows you've been working on it and how you looked before saying you're looking good, naughty side of my brain instantly thinks "Are they just saying it to be nice" :o
I know what you mean.

Associate
Cheers mate, someone actually said to me in the gym the other week "I'd love to be built like you". Blew my mind to be honest, never seen myself as being in any where near good enough shape to be someone's goal.
i think its your big frame while still being quite lean which makes you look quite good as that's what a lot of people want. Most people who train look like twigs with clothes on haha.

Soldato
I'll almost certainly get the itch to move back to strength based goals at some point so you never know, might be pushing my best weights in my 40's :D
Ive got a year to go before im in my 40's, if i keep on track this time, im definitely going to be pushing my best weights in my 40's!

Man of Honour
Just finished my workout as my gym hit 31C. When the dehumidifier packs in I’ll get one that air cons too and stick a vent out.

Evening shakes still making me nauseous some days. Tempting to cut them out, but that’s a huge calorie loss at a time when I’m already struggling to gain weight.

Tempted to ditch protein powders too. The cost is now crazy and I’m sure I get more than enough protein from all the chicken in my main meals and 2-3 scoops of nuts in my shakes. It’s probably protein overload at this point.

Back
Top Bottom