The 800x600 MAXIMUM screenshot thread (56k no no)

Suspended
Monkey, that looks sweeeet. Does it work on Nvidia harware? :D

Some more Q4 shots...
pic19pn.png

pic27ow.png

pic32vo.png

1280*960 4tw :D

Soldato
Looks like you're really getting into quake 4 FSB :D I dont think they will work on nvidia I tried an old demo a while back. Mind you you can get the nvidia toy soldier demo to work on ati cards. I just bought a Xbox 360 pad for my PC :D and MotoGP 3 works properly with the analog buttons :D

Suspended
Quake 4 is currently my number one game :D
I cant really get good screenshots of the environments becuase with all of the advanced lighting and special effects wizz a static image doesnt do it justice in the slightest. Good for getting pics of NPC marines tho :D The NPC models and textures just blows any game away tbh, especially in the Hanibal cutscenes. But HL2 still holds the crown for facial expressions and animations.

Oh and I managed to get the ATI/FarCry demo working fine but the water was all screwed up :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
FSB.......how does the single player Quake 4 play?

I've heard conflicting reports, some games mags have said its poor but others have raved about it saying its actually rather good?

I've just finished F.E.A.R. and I'm looking for a new game to buy, Quake 4 is tempting me.

Suspended
Personally I love it. You really feel like you are part of something big. People say it looks like Doom3, so what? Doom3 looked the dogs danglies lol. I reckon it looks better then D3. Gameplay wise its about 100 times better then D3.
Id recomend this game to anybody tbh.

Soldato
How does it compare to the demo? Because in the demo it seemed very.. repetative in the respect of, enter one room, monsters, enter another - monsters. Then go back the way you just came!
Then in the trenches bit, you kinda stood at a box and shot things comming round the corner - run to next box etc.
I dunno what more I expect to be honest - but it just didnt feel right somehow (gameplay I mean)

Suspended
Demo is crap compared to the full game. Depends on how you play also I reckon. I charged them down in the trenches. The fun really starts when the hanger is toast and the MMC ship "Hanibal" lands.

"g_showhud 0" and 1 to get it back
Type "com_allowconsole 1" if you dont want to press ctl+alt+tab for the console. It will now be "`" like normal.
Another cool one is "g_showplayershadow 1"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom