• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
Does anyone know which is the latest Crimson driver with the UI below without Raedon Anti-Lag, Chill etc as I have tried Adrenalin 20.4.2 and it is causing lags/stutters in game even with them turned off.

q9EB6Qt.jpg

Soldato
19.12.1 has anti-lag but doesn't seem to suffer the same issues as the later drivers.

It's getting really annoying with GPU drivers. Nvidia's ones are also poop (and appear to be frozen in 1998).

Associate
Installed 20.8.1 yesterday and had 2 driver crashes in 6 hours of play in Borderlands 3, 1 with the OC profile loaded and 1 on stock, and both times it corrupted the shader cache which is a pita as takes ages to refresh each time. Before this driver this has happened circa twice in the whole time I've been playing the game. Anyone else seeing this? Still on Vega 56 with no driver features enabled.

Soldato
Installed 20.8.1 yesterday and had 2 driver crashes in 6 hours of play in Borderlands 3, 1 with the OC profile loaded and 1 on stock, and both times it corrupted the shader cache which is a pita as takes ages to refresh each time. Before this driver this has happened circa twice in the whole time I've been playing the game. Anyone else seeing this? Still on Vega 56 with no driver features enabled.

20.8.1 gave me stutters on my vega 64.. 20.7.2 is what i reverted to and has been fine with no issues.

Associate
Sad to see some many people still suffering BSOD and display driver related crashes.

I'm still running the 19.12.1 as its the only driver my 5700XT doesn't have issues with. Come on AMD, sort it out!

Soldato
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.8.2 Highlights
Support For

• A Total War Saga™: Troy
    • The High preset on the Radeon™ RX 5700 XT offers up to 12% better FPS performance playing A Total War Saga: Troy with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 edition 20.8.2 versus the Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.8.1RS-339
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator™
  • Mortal Shell™
  • Marvel’s Avengers™ Open Beta
Fixed Issues
  • Reports of intermittent system hangs while exiting system sleep on some AMD Ryzen™ 3000 Series Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Graphics.
  • Pressing a key while Radeon Overlay is open, or exiting Radeon Overlay while playing Hyper Scape™, may cause the players actions to freeze or fail to recognize input from the user.
  • Upgrade Advisor may show an “Unable to get requirements” error message when opened on Windows® 7 system configurations.
Known Issues
  • With Radeon FreeSync enabled on Radeon RX 5000 series system configurations, task switching to another display or application may cause the display to flicker for a few moments.
  • Brightness flickering may be experienced on some VP9 video content playback through applications or web browsers on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics product system configurations.
  • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
  • Performance Metrics Overlay and the Performance Tuning tab incorrectly report higher than expected idle clock speeds on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products. Performance and power consumption are not impacted by this incorrect reporting.
  • With HDR enabled, Windows® desktop may experience flickering, and performing a task switch while in a game may cause colors to become washed out or over saturated.
  • Audio may experience instability when connected through an Audio Video Receiver via HDMI® on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products
  • YouTube playback may become frozen with Microsoft® Edge player and Chrome™ when played on an extended display on some AMD Ryzen™ 7 3000 series and AMD Ryzen™ 4000 series APU system configurations.
  • Modifying the HDMI Scaling slider may cause FPS to become locked to 30.
  • Some games may exhibit stutter intermittently during gameplay on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
  • AMD will continue to monitor and investigate any new reports of black screen or system hang issues during extended periods of gameplay closely. Users are encouraged to use the new Bug Reporting Tool for any issues they may encounter.
Important Notes
  • AMD Ryzen™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics FAQ for Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition can be found here.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-8-2

Soldato
Still running 19.12.1. Not a single crash since rolling back. I'm just going to stick with them unless I have an actual reason to "upgrade".

Associate
From when I purchased my 5700XT in Jan nothing but issues, however all optional drivers have worked flawlessly, I'm on 20.8.2 from 20.8.1 and I've played a few games since downloading and installing them, I'm surprised it's so uneven for results across the board literally.

Associate
I`m surprised that no one has tried to collate some results to try and find a common demoninator. I take it analysing the minidump showed an AMD driver issue ?

problem is, even checking a mini dump isn't going to tell why which part of the driver is causing the crash, only that the driver is crashing. i/e enabling enhanced sync. the only way to truly know is keep a record of changes made and which cause the crash. which for the most part of why people dont give any details, as they dont really know or analyse what they have changed in detail. or debug the driver with the dev tools used to make it :)

Back
Top Bottom