• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Did a quick, unscientific benchmark run @ 1440p on Horizon Zero Dawn using my optimised settings on 5700XT GPU / 3900XT CPU. SAM enabled or disabled doesn't make a difference really - 1% better with it turned off which is in margin of error. HZD did benefit from it on the 6xxx series cards so it's a wash.

AMD Rep
Vendor Rep
still no ram downclocking on my 6700xt with single monitor AOC Q3279VWFD8. My vega 56 did, cant see why the 6700xt cant.

Hey there, to be clear, was this occurring for you on all drivers prior to 21.9.1? Has your idle VRAM clock always been high with this 6700XT or were previous drivers working as expected?
Does it still occur when running at 60Hz instead of 75?

@AMD_Vik Will there be a new driver for New World release on the 28th September?
I only ask as when u enable very high settings in game there is a driver timeout occurred error with that titles last 2 betas.

Hey, this isn't on my radar but I'll look into it. Could you fill me in on a few details?:
  • Is it specifically with the very high in-game settings preset?
  • Could you give me a brief description of your system setup? (CPU, GPU, Motherboard, Memory, PSU, OS build)
  • Could you tell me which graphics features you have enabled in Radeon Software (Anti Lag, Chill, RIS etc)
  • Do you know if any previous driver versions worked for you with very high settings in New World?

I agree, played battlefield V and L4D2 and had nothing but crashes. Went back to the old driver's and all fine again

I'll take a look into this. Could you please tell me your OS build number? (Settings > About > Windows specifications > OS build)

Thank you all and sorry for the barrage of questions!

Soldato
Hey there, to be clear, was this occurring for you on all drivers prior to 21.9.1? Has your idle VRAM clock always been high with this 6700XT or were previous drivers working as expected?
Does it still occur when running at 60Hz instead of 75?

It downclocks if i switch refresh rate down to 60hz in desktop but for some reason some games dont like that its 60 i dunno why so i want to run standard 75.

Been this way since i got the card with various drivers.

My vega 56 downclocked fine on this monitor.

Last edited:
Soldato
Radeon Chill behaves differently now. SAM on 5700XT bumped me from 135 to 151 FPS in FH4 - so some games are getting amazing improvements in this case enough to bump from MSAA2x to MSAA4x. (I have 165Hz monitor, but for a fast game like this I target 120Hz+)

AMD Rep
Vendor Rep
It downclocks if i switch refresh rate down to 60hz in desktop but for some reason some games dont like that its 60 i dunno why so i want to run standard 75.

Been this way since i got the card with various drivers.

My vega 56 downclocked fine on this monitor.

Honestly this sounds like a vblank timing issue but it's odd that your Vega 56 behaves differently to your 6700XT with it.

I'll see if we have this monitor to test with internally

Cheers

Associate
i have an msi 6800 xt gaming trio.
and i have revereted back to 21.8.2..
these new drivers have caused nothing but stuttering in games such as warzone.. and csgo is barely playable
id no way recommend these new drivers at all.
my problems are fixed now

Back
Top Bottom