• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Is there anyway to get AMD's Adrenaline s/w to auto load my OC profile on wake from sleep?

Generally, this is something I have to keep loading manually, which isn't ideal.

Last edited:
Soldato
Some serious fps hitching in Battlefield 2042 since the new driver update just all over the place. Had no issues on the old driver.
Reddits full of reports of stuttering with these latest drivers on a few games, 2042 being one of them. I'm also getting crazy stuttering with 24.1.1 so the tempory fix is to roll back to December drivers. Shame as I tried cyberpunk with the frame gen and it worked pretty well.

Soldato
I've only played Street Fighter 6 since installed the new driver but I also noticed stutterings and its not exactly a depending game. I've been running my card undervolted with 1000mV vs 1100mV stock. Dumped the voltage up to 1050mV and all stuttering has gone :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Does AFMF disable itself when the frame generation lag gets too high*?

I noticed that when it reaches around 20ms, the performance / framerate reported by AMD's overlay dips a lot, down to around the same level as when AFMF is disabled.

*which can be turned on in the overlay

Last edited:
Soldato
The average framerate is definitely improved in Age of Wonders 4. The 1% lows are better too, but I don't think AFMF is always active.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've gone back to 23.12.1 drivers. Thought the stuttering was solved by bumping up my cards voltage a tad but it came back in Street Fighter 6. Didn't try any other games as SF6 is all I've been playing recently. Now I'm back on 23.12.1 is smooth again. Also the cpu overlay stats are back

Soldato
@AMD_Vik
Any idea why all the CPU stats from the overlay other than utilisation have disappeared for me in the preview and latest driver? Back on 23.12.1 drivers and cpu temp, frequency and all power stats are back again.
In the preview driver all CPU stats apart from utilisation was missing from the overlay. Hoped they would be back in the release version but nope. All power stats, frequency and temp are gone :(
eFJJVQE.png

AMD Rep
Vendor Rep
@AMD_Vik
Any idea why all the CPU stats from the overlay other than utilisation have disappeared for me in the preview and latest driver? Back on 23.12.1 drivers and cpu temp, frequency and all power stats are back again.
This could be an intermittent, install related issue with the included Ryzen Master SDK. You might have some luck manually removing this module via 'Programs and Features' and trying again. There's a chance you have multiple copies (older and newer) installed on the system. If you can identify the older copy, try removing it.

Last edited:
Soldato
This could be an intermittent, install related issue with the included Ryzen Master SDK. You might have some luck manually removing this module via 'Programs and Features' and trying again. There's a chance you have multiple copies (older and newer) installed on the system. If you can identify the older copy, try removing it.

Just check only seem to have one version installed. I'll wait till the next driver and if I get same issue I'll try manually removing the SDK. As I said above the 24.1.1 driver gives me bad frame drops in Street Fighter 6

Soldato
Reddits full of reports of stuttering with these latest drivers on a few games, 2042 being one of them. I'm also getting crazy stuttering with 24.1.1 so the tempory fix is to roll back to December drivers. Shame as I tried cyberpunk with the frame gen and it worked pretty well.
I didn't like the framegen when used with Cyberpunk. The mouse felt aweful. Without FG I was only getting around 80-100fps but everything was tight and responsive.

Back
Top Bottom