The Bear | Season 3 | FX

Really looking forward to this. The last season has one of my favourite episodes of a show ever (Cousin Richie/Forks) but also had one of the ones I found to be an absolute slog (Christmas).

We weren't gripped by the first episode of season 1. Do we need to power through to where it gets better or is it likely not for us?
Yes, I’d say give it a few. They’re pretty short episodes anyway, so a few more to grab you (hopefully) shouldn’t be too much :)

We weren't gripped by the first episode of season 1. Do we need to power through to where it gets better or is it likely not for us?

I'd definitely give it more. It took a while for me to 'get it', I found some of the characters annoying all the shouting tiring etc, but ended up thinking its one of the best series Ive seen in ages by the end of S2.

The character development through the series is fantastic.

Really looking forward to this. Would like to see them start to wrap it up soon though. It's absolutely possible to spend too much time with these characters and the arcs feel like they're starting to crest now.

I made this mistake of not continuing after the first episode as it seemed a bit meh. Glad I picked it up again a few weeks later as season 2 is incredible and probably some of the best tv I've watched in years. Stick with it.

Really looking forward to this. The last season has one of my favourite episodes of a show ever (Cousin Richie/Forks) but also had one of the ones I found to be an absolute slog (Christmas).
Thought exactly the same. Forks was superb, best episode of the entire show. Christmas I did in two sittings. Cancelled Disney in order to hurry myself up and finish the shows Ive started on there so I've got three weeks to get through it - easy!
I wear suits now :cool:

Just finished Episode 3, absolutely top notch so far, if you've enjoyed the previous series you'll hit it straight off

Ep1 - incredible opener
Ep 2 - The way they encapsulate "the team" - feels super genuine
Ep 3 - Again bang on, taking you through a service. The dynamic between front of house and back of house is extremely well captured!

I spent a few years working in a 2 Michelin star restaurant in the past and a lot of this so familiar, the creators of this show have obviously spent a lot of time getting the details in.

ep1 was a 30min montage (i bet the crew ate well :D), i wasn't getting it, i get its character building/filling in the story backlog but yeah was a bit of a slog for me. other than that up to ep5 so far and that ptsd from working in kitchens comes flooding back, the acting etc is spot one, it really is a gem of a series.

This is subjectively a good show, I thought it was very mid, nowhere near as good as the previous seasons. Seems like the director let the praise get to his head and become self indulgence. The entire season was a whole lot of nothing, loods of zoomed in faces of people screaming at each other in an over the top unauthentic way.

Back
Top Bottom