The best case?

Associate
I am planning to buy a case soon and was thinking of going for a thermaltake case. Im not very clued up on computer cases and dont know which ones are good and which arnt any advice would be greatly appreciated. Id pay around £80 for a case on its own with no PSU.

Permabanned
Here are some names for you

Lian Li PC7+

Great all round cheap case, comes with 2x 120mm fans

Coolermaster Cent 532

Good all round case, comes with window and looks a bit more busy than the Lian Li

Akasa Eclipse 62

Great case, lots of space and it will last ages. But plastic front

Antec P180

Very quiet case, great cooling. But has some quality issues.

I would not go near thermaltake to be honest.

Soldato
Don't consider Thermaltake.

The PC7 is the most case per £ you will get as noni has said, just looks a little bland, but is a lot better in person.

The V series is the same, just a bit more expensive; needs a bit of patience (hour of your time usually) to get the best cooling for your rig.

Akasa Eclipse, if this case can't cool your rig, nothing can.

-----

You have to remmember that any case can cool almost any rig, its the quality and easy of use that make them different.

Low noise cases are a gimmic in my opinion, if your components are noisey in one case, they will be in another. Having used all of the quiet cases, all are noisier than my V1000+ is at the moment, with the same system in.

Figure that one out :p

Soldato
It is just done right, hmm WJA96 could do with explaining it as he is a big Eclipse lover.

Comparing it to the PC7, it 'shoots' the air through case with a better way, where the PC7 holds it for a few seconds.

It is just simple brute force airflow, in the right dimensions, which gives a good solid stream of air over everything.

Associate
OP
thanks for all the advice guys i ended up going for the lian li pc7 in black :d now all i have to worry about is buying all the other parts for my new computer :( lol this will be fun since its the first time im building my own pc thanks to this forum though it will be a whole lot easier

Soldato
Good case choice!

If you need any help with anything to do with the case, pop back!

I also have msn if you need to talk about anything your unsure of about anything to do with PC, im on most of the time :)

Associate
Right, to be honest, the quality issues with the P180 aint really that bad...ok I know Ive got rid of mine, but thats because I always wanted the case I have now; but, other than the door on the P180 its a great case and the build quality is fine.

And anyway when my P180 door started warping, I just emailed Antec with proof of purchase and then sent me a brand new and improved case door completely free. It took 5 days all in all, shipped from the netherlands.

Soldato
Yeh Antec probably along with Logitech have the best support in the buisness.

But it is better when the cases do not have the issues in the first place :)

Back
Top Bottom