The best computer for video editing and presentations

Associate
I recently got a new job! YAY I'm now a teacher in SEND thanks, but because a lot of my students are visual learners i make a lot of videos. My laptop has seen better days and is mighty noisy with the fan. Im about to make some siggestions to the school but what laptop do you think would be good for video editing and presentations - obviously in need of something with a lot of storage!

Associate
What kind of budget are you working with?

In general when it comes to Video production more cores = better. Nvidia tends to have a small performance advantage with GPU accelerated workloads over AMD GPUs, though can vary from case to case. And some programs can make use of intels igpu to further accelerate some work loads.

So I'd say something with a high core count intel CPU and Nvidia GPU would be the ideal.

Though AMDs laptop CPUs have had extremely good performance and battery life in the last couple generations and its really just the 12th gen intel where they have caught back up. So if you're on a tight budget and looking at a couple generation old laptop AMD might be the better option.

Back
Top Bottom