The BEST headset for an Xbox 360

Associate
Hi everyone :)

I am looking into buying a headset for my Xbox 360 having just moved to a place where it isn't always convienient to use my 5.1 set up.

My main requirements are:-

1. Needs to be either true 5.1 or an extremely capable 5.1 emulator.

2. Use the Xbox 360's optical out so as to actually take advantage of true 5.1.

3. Be comfy enough for long gaming sessions.

4. Have excellent build quality.

It would be nice if they were wireless however having never used a wireless set of speakers or headset I'm not sure what the lag would be like, battery life etc.

Budget isn't important as it'll be an investment and one that can then be used on the Xbox 720 (or whatever it'll be called) and maybe even on the PS3/4 if it is cross compatible although Playstation compatibility isn't necessary as I use that mainly for Blu-rays and exclusive gaming.

Also Razer have always been my gaming peripheral of choice for PC gaming and for my Xbox so if there are any by those are they any good.

Thanks for the help in advance people. If anyone suggests a headset they use themselves by all means give me some pro's and con's of that set :)

Soldato
Absolute best?

Probably an Astro mixamp connecting to a HD595/AD700/Whatever hi end headphone they can drive and and a simple clip on mic.

Having both mic and headphone together in one headset usually bring 'bad' sound quality.

Associate
Yer was gunna say I've heard Turtle beach headsets can be used for the Xbox and there supposed to be good...Just all depends on what budget you have. Look around for some reviews :)

Soldato
If audio quality is paramount the Astro Mixamp uses Dolby headphone to recreate the 5.1 environment and you can use some very high quality headphones to give a superb experience.

Other then that, you are looking at Turtlebeach dedicated headsets,

or Tritton are just launching the only properly wireless (no cable need to the controller for chat) licenced 360 headsets, the 7.1 Warhead might be worth checking out when reviews come in..

Associate
Other then that, you are looking at Turtlebeach dedicated headsets,

or Tritton are just launching the only properly wireless (no cable need to the controller for chat) licenced 360 headsets, the 7.1 Warhead might be worth checking out when reviews come in..

Turtle beach's still do this, but with the standard PX5's you'll need to purchase a Bluetooth adapter (~£28 - Link). With the XP500's (which are the same as the PX5) the adapter is included.

This, and the colour is the only difference.

HTH

Associate
Astro Mixamp + ATH AD700

I can wear these things for hours and hours and still be comfortable. Love this set up.

Edit: I modded an official 360 mic (removed it from the headband/speaker, resoldered the wire, velcro'd it to the AD700'S. Works perfectly.

Associate
Best is astro mixamp + sennheiser pc360.
Or if you can be bothered with separate mic sennheiser hd595.
All depends on budget. Astro mixamp with Razer carcharias is good.

Caporegime
Did you not make this thread in Consoles too?

Anywho,

Mix Amp + Cans of your choice really. IMO avoid trittion, turtle beaches, A40s etc.

I personally fancy some DT770s.

Back
Top Bottom