The best movies you have seen recently.

Associate
As the title says...what are the best movies that you have seen in say the past 3 months and why.

I will start the ball rolling with:

RocknRolla http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1032755/- just found it to be a very entertaining film with over the top characters, dialogue and storyline, also i am a fan of the other guy ritchie films.

Slumdog Millionaire http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1010048/ - Not bandwagon jumping here, i saw this in early december before all the hype began and thought it was excellent and so different from anything i had seen before, i have recommended to many people who have in the main enjoyed it too.

Man of Honour
I really wanna see Slumdog, hopefully soon...

I have seen The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - which was painful to get into, but then very much warmed up. I can see why it's being nominated for Oscars.

Les Femmes de l'Ombre (Female Agents) - by far a mile away from being the best WWII film, but very different, good cast who acted strongly and enjoyable.

The Illusionist - I'm not even a big fan of Edward Norton - but everything he appears in just keeps being added to my collection. Awesome story.

The Boondock Saints - Recommended from these very forums. Pleaseantly surprised. 7.8/10 is a very high score on IMDB, though perhaps not entirely deserving of it. Hardly a new idea or revolutionary.

Associate
Recently, been going though a thai-fu stage, so Ong-Bak, Tom-Yum-Goong & Chocolate. Of the three Chocolate is probably the better film, but Tony Jaa is brilliant and he is not in it. If you like Jackie Chan/Golden Harvest films, then you'd enjoy them.

Also see Forgetting Sarah Marshall, that was surprisingly good.

Soldato
can recommend...

The Orphanage (not as great as i thought it might be)

Changeling

Dark Knight

The Day the Earth Stood Still (surprisingly better than i thought it would be)

Soldato
I hated Slumdog Millionaire. Was truly bored throughout the whole film.

Recently watched, and liked:

Wall-E
Seven Pounds
Valkyrie
The Wrestler
Frost/Nixon

Back
Top Bottom