The best movies you have seen recently.

Associate
The Wrestler - neat, if anything - a little depressing I guess.

The Day The Earth Stood Still - good idea, but poorly exploited, don't think much of it, personally.

Jumper - good, entertaining.

Slumdog Millionaire - good movie. above average, anyway, but it wears off after the first half or so.

They Live - great oldschool movie. Yes, cheesy, cheap, simple, predictable, but I loved it!

RocknRolla - again, great movie. Resembles Snatch, which you should see in case you liked RnR.

Associate
OP
Taken was very good, kinda like Jason Bournes dad.

I really enjoyed seven pounds too, although i did hate will smith at the start of it for mouthing off at Esra.

I found Frost/Nixon to be more interesting than entertaining.

Soldato
As the title says...what are the best movies that you have seen in say the past 3 months and why.

I will start the ball rolling with:

RocknRolla http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1032755/- just found it to be a very entertaining film with over the top characters, dialogue and storyline, also i am a fan of the other guy ritchie films.

Slumdog Millionaire http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1010048/ - Not bandwagon jumping here, i saw this in early december before all the hype began and thought it was excellent and so different from anything i had seen before, i have recommended to many people who have in the main enjoyed it too.

I've expanded my list to a little longer than 3 months, here they are:

Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist
Wanted
Afro Samurai
Tropic Thunder
Pan's Labyrinth
Wall-E

Going to watch Slumdog Millionaire tonight.

[Edit]
Watched Slumdog Millionaire, brilliant film :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Apparently people living in slums in India have objected to them being referred to as dogs.

*Hopes effigies will be burnt and lots of screaming, running and jumping about*

The Times said:
Referring to people living in slums as dogs is a violation of human rights," said Mr Vishwakarma, who works for a group promoting the rights of slum dwellers. "We will burn Danny Boyle [the film's British director] effigies in 56 slums here."

Excellent. :D

Soldato
Wall-E, Dark Knight and Taken are my favourites at the moment although the last 30 mins of Wall-E was a bit of a let down, so was the last 20 mins of the Dark Knight, Taken is just awesome all the way through though!

Back
Top Bottom