The best songs ever?

Man of Honour
That's all this thread was ever going to be though. The best songs don't just vary from person to person, they can also vary for each individual depending on what's happening in their life, the mood they are in etc.

This is very true, with my memory, I’ve probably already replied to this thread, but for what it’s worth, my songs are, a) Will you still love me tomorrow, by the Shirelles, which was “our song” for my first wife and I, b) Maggie May, Rod Stewart, “our song” for the Polish girl I left my wife for, c), We’ve got tonight, Bob Seger, for an American girlfriend and I, and d), How deep is your love, the Bee Gees, for the woman I love and who I eventually married.

Caporegime
Stupid thread title to be honest. the thread should be called "Your Favourite Songs".
well to be fair the "best songs" would be a popularity contest basically or what songs were iconic during your most memorable years.

how about "you can only choose songs made before you were born"
then maybe we would have a more interesting list or it could just be full of songs from films like full metal jacket....

Man of Honour
well to be fair the "best songs" would be a popularity contest basically or what songs were iconic during your most memorable years.

how about "you can only choose songs made before you were born"
then maybe we would have a more interesting list or it could just be full of songs from films like full metal jacket....

Christ, now I feel old, I recall rocking to Sam the Sham’s “Wooly Bully”, and slow dancing to the Dixie Cups “Chapel of Love”, so they’re okay, but the Marines Hymn was penned in the 19th century, which was way before we were all born.

Permabanned
well tbh there is no best song ever there can't be, only what's good at the time tlll you get bored of it and move on to something else, So Thread is just songs you rate at the moment huh? old or new to you
The songs that stick in my head in no order

Soldato
My favourite song just depends on my mood at the time.

Current faves
Desperado - The Eagles
Nowhere To Run- Martha and the Vandellas
It's Only Smiles- Periphery
Triocton- Deathrow
Gnossienne no 1- Satie

My all-time special song is Box Of Rain, by The Grateful Dead. That song meant a lot to me at a very difficult time in my life. I don't listen to it often, but I know it's still there for me.

Back
Top Bottom