The Big Bang Theory...not tv or creation of Universe

Soldato
About a year ago we started getting a large explosive bang out side out house. It happened between 4am and 4.30am every Thursday.

It's an explosive big with a flash of light that lights my bedroom. There best I could describe it would be a firework going off just outside my house.

I thought at first it might be that, some kids just letting off fireworks in the area but the consistency and timing would have to rule that out unless they were very dedicated. Plus there were no signs of fireworks, people or any cars at the time.

Other neighbours would also talk about it and the little old lady a few doors up nearly has a heart attack each time.

This continued for a year then stopped suddenly A few months ago. But it has started up again, twice this week. Once on Friday and once last night.

Thought it might be fracking but there are no sites nearby and that certainly wouldn't light up the bed room.

Other than waiting for Marty Mcfly to show up, any ideas?

Soldato
you live near a train tack, and the bang/flash you see is small explosive caps that are placed over the line (railway detonator), with lead tails, to alert the track workman that a train is heading their way.

mostly used at night, as visibility can be near zero in winter, I assume what you are hearing is the first train of the morning coming through, check timetables to see if it coincides with it.

GE90y1G.jpg.png

Man of Honour
you live near a train tack, and the bang/flash you see is small explosive caps that are placed over the line (railway detonator), with lead tails, to alert the track workman that a train is heading their way.

mostly used at night, as visibility can be near zero in winter, I assume what you are hearing is the first train of the morning coming through, check timetables to see if it coincides with it.

[/QUOTE]

You learn something new every day!

Associate

GE90y1G.jpg.png

You learn something new every day! Nice post. :)

ADT

ADT

Associate
And I came here thinking this is a discussion about the origin of the universe :o
For a year through? Why didn't you contact the council?

Man of Honour

http://i.imgur.com/GE90y1G.jpg[/img[/QUOTE]

wow, helpful informative post, and you didn't even end it with 'poo on the tracks'

[Like]

Caporegime
Thought it might be fracking but there are no sites nearby and that certainly wouldn't light up the bed room.

Other than waiting for Marty Mcfly to show up, any ideas?

Just...what?:confused:

Stop reading links posted on facebook and friends of the earth. :p

You appear to have a severe misunderstanding of what fracking is, and it wouldn't happen at 4am anyway. It also wouldn't make a bang of flash of light either...;)

Associate
The detonator theory is probably not the answer as they are always placed in 3's 60 ft. apart so if you're only hearing one bang it isn't detonators.

This is assuming you even live by a railway line.

Soldato
Where the **** did a Railway track come from? I'm sure the OP would have mention a dirty great Railway track if he lived near one... :confused:

He wouldn't have considered it relevant, I wouldn't have until I read Soundoods post. I doubt its the case as if its lighting the room up he would have to be right next to the tracks and the trains would be more of a nuisance than the bangs(and would also coincide with the bangs). It's much more likely to be electricity going somewhere it shouldn't be as already mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom