The Big Fight Live: Calzaghe v Lacy

Soldato
hold on?

Rosenthal.jpg

TheCount.jpg

Associate
Gooner14 said:
Its rubbish, listerning to the radio, half cut on the way home!! Joe!!!! Legend, get in my son

I nearly wee's myself when my Freeview/digibox was was doing the 3 AM Auto- update takes 10 mins at least.... :eek:

Soldato
Right i dont calim to be a boxer, nor brilliant in a fight, but ive had my fair share and i cant understand how lacy took nearly 6 or 7 clean jabs per round, and a few square hits to the head and didnt get knocked out.

Are calzaghes jabs just weak or is lacy just very good at taking a punch.
im assuming most people i know wouldnt last 2 rounds with calzaghe!! so why did this bloke last 12 rounds and take about 60 jabs in the face without falling?????

Soldato
Well, my TV decided to come back on from the 6th Round onwards. At least i caught some of the fight :p

I was amazed at the fitness of Calzaghe. He was relentless for the part of the fight that i saw. He does have a strange way of 'punching' people though! Maybe if he started punching, he wouldn't have so many troubles with his hands! ;)

Man of Honour
Absolutely superb performance by Joe, bossed the fight from start to finish and won every single round for me. I've not seen a supposed world class fighter get taken apart like Lacy did for a very long time. The US audience should certainly warm to Joe after that fight, he should have no problems getting a very big pay day against a big US name now.

Associate
Fantastic to see Lacey get a beating after the way he'd been hyped up all week - can't remember seeing a British fighter doing a demolition job on a Yank like that!

What with the Enzo Maccarinelli scrap right at the start, a great few hours of boxing - on terrestrial this time ...

Soldato
Adnams Drinker said:
Fantastic to see Lacey get a beating after the way he'd been hyped up all week - can't remember seeing a British fighter doing a demolition job on a Yank like that!

This one reminded me of the Nigel Benn vs Gerald McLennan fight a few years ago. but lets hope Lacey is ok after taking some many punches from Joe

Man of Honour
mysticsniper said:
This one reminded me of the Nigel Benn vs Gerald McLennan fight a few years ago. but lets hope Lacey is ok after taking some many punches from Joe
How did it remind you of the Benn fight? This was a one sided demolition job, the other was a complete toe-to-toe war which could have gone either way until McClellan's head went.

Soldato
Davey_Pitch said:
How did it remind you of the Benn fight? This was a one sided demolition job, the other was a complete toe-to-toe war which could have gone either way until McClellan's head went.

In the way that Lacey was taking far too many unncessery head shots near the end of the fight, and the ref should have stopped the fight instead of going all the way :)

Associate
Oh man, I'm glad I stayed up for that one too... What a fight, despite the one-sided-ness. Lacy's got a good chin, I'll say that, his face is gonna be one hell of a sight in the morning though...

I haven't been that worked up during a fight in ages, great stuff. Well done Joe Calzaghe :D

Back
Top Bottom