The Brand New Animated Image Thread

Soldato
10mb limit? Why? This thread used to have some awesome gif's in it, not worth it at only 10mb, ok I can understand some people are running at lower speeds still these days but you can just wait until the whole page downloads like I used to do when I was on DSL.

I'm sure the mods would be more than willing to up the limit when you financially donate to the free forums you so often frequent, to allow the increase in bandwidth

Man of Honour
OP
CoordinatedDelectableGoosefish.gif

Soldato
Because 10mb at even just 40 posts per page, assuming 1 image per post is still 400mb.

Now at 80 ppp that's 800mb.

Given that we've had gifs in this thread that were 50mb+...

But if you're going to give hypothetical scenarios, then you could say what if everyone posts 10 gifs at 10MB each, thus 3,000MB per page...

Why is it even an issue though? Whilst I think some people may be trying to push it with unusually large gifs, I don't think the last thread was a problem. If you're using a bad browser or are bandwidth capped then you shouldn't really be browsing an animated image thread.

These gifs are served by links embedded in a SQL database, cached and served down a pipe. So.....increase the pipe, VB will call and render them quicker :)

VB doesn't render images, the browser does, VB just spits out the HTML. Whether you embed a 1MB image or 100MB, it makes no difference to VB or the database.

5CEmyZo.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom