The Brand New Animated Image Thread

Soldato
Can't pass radiowaves through a faraday cage, or electromagnetic radiation. Or it's very hard to do so, depending on many factors.

Yes, EM fields perhaps, but not x-rays or gamma rays, if so a structure around a power plant would prevent any chance of a radiation leak, and thus make them perfectly safe.
This doesn't happen.

Radiowaves are at the opposite end of the wavelength spectrum to x rays and gamma rays.

Soldato
^^ And that is how quickly your life can be over

Scary scary thought

Reminds me of the time a Rook (not a chesspiece :p) hit my 7.5 tonners windscreen at 56mph. Passenger side fortunately so I could pull over, but it could've been something more solid than a carrion bird & 3 feet to the right, so it may well have been my 'time to die' :(

Soldato
A friend had a wheel off a HGV traveling on the opposite side of the M6 bounce over the central reservation and straight into his A pillar. The Firemen that cut him out said you should be glad you were driving a Saab. Most other cars and he would have splattered.

Soldato
Why would a faraday cage stop x-rays?

it isn't a faraday cage inside it, it is amagnetic shield alloy plate that shields it from magnetism.

wiki, explains this better,
The Rolex Oyster Perpetual Milgauss is a wristwatch model introduced by Rolex in 1956 with model number 6541. The Milgauss was designed as an antimagnetic watch specifically for those who worked in power plants, medical facilities and research labs (like CERN in Geneva) where electromagnetic fields can cause havoc[clarification needed] with the timing of a watch. The current[when?] model Milgauss is equipped with amagnetic alloy (Parachrom-Blu) hairspring[1] and movement encased by a magnetic shield, most likely[vague] composed of a high magnetic permeability material (see Mu-metal or Permalloy). The name Milgauss is derived from the Latin mille, which means one-thousand, and gauss, the unit of a magnetic field. This model is so named because it can withstand a magnetic flux density of 1,000 gauss.[2]

Last edited:
Soldato
I like how he keeps a hand on him. just in case what happens .... happens.

also, i know they're small but i always imagined grenades to have a bit more pop. but thats probably from watching to many films

You'd be surprised about how little ooompf grenades actually have when you see them. There's no flames like in the movies or any of that stuff but what you don't see are the thousands of fragments flying out like bullets (standing where they were the two would likely-to-defintely be dead).

Source: I'm a grenade.

Caporegime
Grenades are more about flinging shrapnel than making a big Hollywood boom. They also can't be so powerful that they will injure the person throwing them because a person can only throw so far.

look up "defensive" grenades.

ie a grenade with a shrapnel range much further than the range it can be thrown designed only to be thrown when you're behind something solid or in a trench.

Man of Honour
OP
HonestMilkyBlackcrappie.gif

Back
Top Bottom