The Breville Blend Active Paradox

Soldato
stick blender - excellent point ..

;)maybe the smoothie makers are a (millenial?) marketting thing
https://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/16/dining/immersion-blenders-can-be-a-danger-in-disguise.html

blender may not do ice, but, for a maker, would need a glass container anyway ?

Another garlic/ginger/herb option I had never considered a stick blender, maybe a much more polyvalent tool in the kitchen,
would fix those lump bechemels too., mayonnaise, ....?
.....perhaps don't want to completely macerate those herbs though.

43831700534_a60285e1c4_o_d.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/bamix-Deluxe-Hand-Processor-Black/dp/B01CEA991E

Soldato
OP
Don't put it in the dishwasher - hand wash only. Even though they advertise them as dishwasher safe, the salts and high temps degrade nearly all plastic.

We always use the eco-program so it's not as hot as some dishwasher cycles but you're right, looks like it's the dishwasher that's shortening the lifespan of the lids. They shouldn't really advertise them as dishwasher safe if this is the case.

I've never really understood the whole all-in-one smoothie bottle thing. We've got a hand-held Braun blender with attachments etc we've had for about 10 years we use for all sorts of things when cooking and also for making smoothies.

It's a convenience/laziness thing more than anything else:
  • Chuck all of your ingredients into the bottle you're going to drink out of
  • Wack on the blade and whiz it all up
  • Chuck it in the fridge until morning
No extra washing up, no pouring from one container to another and, as I said earlier, the Blend Active bottles are a really good size.

I did say it was a first-world problem. :p

Can't you just get a separate blender and drinking bottle?

Yes, at the expense of the above. Plus, spec me four bottles and a blender for under £25 that meets all the other criteria…

I just bought a few cheap protein shakers of amazon. Do the mixing in the acti bottle then just pour into the shaker, you can get them for around £3 on amazon.

That's a good start, thanks. :) I'll have a look at some options — the first £3 one I found wasn't BPA free — could you link me up with the bottles you've got?

Soldato
You could just switch to a Ninja? I bought mine about 6 years ago for £70. It's been used 5 days a week pretty much every week since I got it and it's still going strong on it's original cups.

Soldato
OP

Awesome, thanks!

You could just switch to a Ninja? I bought mine about 6 years ago for £70. It's been used 5 days a week pretty much every week since I got it and it's still going strong on it's original cups.

Yeah, my parents have a Ninja so I am familiar with them — they are good blenders but the blade is about three times the size of the Blend Active which makes the cups an awkward size — I really don’t like the proportions.

Back
Top Bottom