The Brits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Is it just me or when you see these big stars perform on TV you realise just how digitally enhanced thier voices are on recordings? Don't get me wrong I can't sing at all but then again I don't get paid a fortune for singing like a monkey with elastic bands around it's testicles (cough mr blunt).

Consigliere
I didn't realise they were digitally enhanced..i assumed they just sung, better and had something like 20+ recordings, choosing the best ones for the album. :o

Suspended
Theres a few differences with live singing - nowadays some people employ an "autotune" which a PC can do to smooth out any blips in pitch. You cant always calculate the right acoustics for the room, and the singer cant always hear the mix of the instruments without proper headphones. You dont go into the studio with 10,000 people staring at you, and as previously mentioned, sometimes some takes are just better than others.

To sing and perform well live really does have to be learnt, its frustrating to go home and do things perfectly then let yourself down in a live situation, but it gets better :)

Soldato
I thought kelly clarkson was ok, nice to see a proper live act engage with the audience. Coldplay were dreadful like normal and mr blunt was pretty good i though

Consigliere
Kami said:
Women on covers of magazines aren't enhanced in the "sidewinder" universe either I guess ;)

:p

Appearance easy to enhance yes but..wasn't aware it was the same for voices. Are they even allowed to do that..strictly speaking its not their voice then?

Soldato
SideWinder said:

Appearance easy to enhance yes but..wasn't aware it was the same for voices. Are they even allowed to do that..strictly speaking its not their voice then?

allowed? since when has there been rules that it has to be your raw voice? things like scooter (first thing that came to my head) obviously don't use an unedited voice, or they employed a chipmunk :p

Tom.

Mic

Mic

Soldato
SideWinder said:

Arre you kidding?
I thought nearly all music these days (vocal etc )was digitally enhanced :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom