Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
that stuff seems to be priced like gold dust .. I've used some german sonax which seems to bond well at a fraction of the price applied with a tooth brush on mottled dash/exterior

It definitely seems silly expensive (the bottles are tiny), but its worked well for me.

I applied it to a very faded (the trim was light grey) Civic in 2016 and reapplied it earlier this year because it had started to fade a little.

Actually more impressed with the stuff now I've just realised (time flies) there was a 3 year gap!

Soldato
Any tips for cleaning interior fabrics. I gave up cleaning my Skoda when it passed 200k miles not expecting it to survive much longer.

It's now just passed 235k and is slightly minging. How do I restore my interior to its former glory. Ideally using household products.

Soldato
I don't use a grit guard and I have never found visible dirt particles in my wash bucket. If the car has a proper prewash, and you use good washing techniques then it really isn't necessary. Forensic Detailing Channel even recently showed that if you're prewashing correctly you can get away with only a single bucket and still be 'safe'.

Soldato
2 bucket method I use ? - prewash/soak with first bucket full and then, rinse, after refilling same bucket,
there is some grit disposed of after first bucket because the last thing cleaned is the rear valence + sills with the 'dirty cloth', but,
that grit goes down the drain when the bucket is swilled out, so doesn't pollute the refill. [wonder if fwd/rwd cars have different dirt spatter patterns]

I'd be renting a rug doctor
does that have a small head to get into the corners .. maybe you can wash by hand there, and use it to help pull out the the liquid though.

Associate
Had a nice window of opportunity to clean the car this morning..

Autobrite snowfoam
2 bucket wash
Farecla Clay Mitt
Car Lack 68
Bilt Hamber Double Speed Wax
Bilt Hamber AutoWheel

First time I've ever used the clay mitt... was so impressed with it, never had the paint feeling so smooth, wish I'd used it a long time ago. Only had time for one coat of wax as it started raining and hasn't stopped since, hence beading

eyxoRxz.jpg

57TbSWr.jpg

Man of Honour
Decent beading. I don’t bother with waxes anymore. Too time consuming and many products out there that achieve the same result. Autoglym polar seal has revolutionised my life.

Soldato
2.30 am and I'm only just finishing for the night. Obviously no shots at this time of night. But thought I'd try a few different products this time round. The car in question this time? My 2015 Ford Focus Titanium X. Had this car about 9 months now, and haven't given it a polish yet. So it's about time. Especially after doing my 18 year old Volvo a few weeks back.

So, as normal, gave it the usual...

Pre-rinse
Snow foam (GYEON Q²M FOAM)
Bucket wash
Auto Finesse Iron Out (Wheels and body)
G3 Clay Mitt

Then I decided to try the G-Techniq P1 Nano Polish with a Rupes Bigfoot Fine polishing pad. The paint on the Focus wasn't that bad at all really, so I was looking more for the finish than a proper cutting. In hindsight, I probably have much better polishes to achieve that result.

Then moved onto the glass (to be fair, most of the reason I even started this was to get the glass done).

Meguires Perfect Clarity
G-Techniq G4
G-Techniq G2 / IPA mix (in a spray bottle. MUCH easier)
G-Techniq G1
G-Techniq G2 / IPA mix

Not finished yet. Gonna stick a layer or two of either Bilt Hambers Double Speed Wax or Mezernas Power Lock sealant. Haven't decided yet. But that's a job for tomorrow.

Initial wash I managed to get done the other day in daylight, but everything since had to be done in the garage after the wife went to bed. Hence finishing so late. Been the last couple nights on the polishing.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
BSD doing what it does best.

bsd_water_beading.jpg

bsd_water_beading-2.jpg

bsd_water_beading-3.jpg

Associate
Looking for some advice. I've just got a touch up kit from BMW for my Z4. Now, two weeks ago I used Simoniz Diamond Wax and Polish, which I suspect I'll have to remove before applying any paint & lacquer to the chips.

Is Gyeon's Q2M Prep suitable for this? Any other products that might be better or cheaper that you can recommend?

I'm also tempted to order Gyeon's WetCoat, as it seems to be offering some good protection for very little work, to apply after I touch up the paint.

I'm guessing whatever I get I should first pre-wash, wash, dry, apply Gyeon's Prep, remove it, apply touch up kit, pre-wash, wash, apply WetCoat.

Can anybody advise how Gyeon's Prep is used? i.e. do I need to rub it off, water it off, or anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom