Status
Not open for further replies.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
On the topic of new cars, ive got one coming in a few months, is it worth me telling the dealer not to touch it, i can then give it a 2 bucket wash, a coat of glaze and a hard wax on top.....think ive answered my own question lol.

Yes. Most dealers will not clean it with proper technique and inflict micro swirls.

Soldato
Just ordered a bottle of CarPro PERL.

Not sure how i'm going to feel of applying product to interior plastics as I'm concerned it will feel greasy/tacky but It can always be put to use on the tyres/exterior trim.

Avoid contact surfaces (gearstick, wheel) and you'll be fine. Its fine on that too as water based, but I still prefer not to.

Man of Honour
Hey all,

So is the race glaze water filter the one to go for? All having good results?

I’ve had the race glaze and pure final rinse, found the latter to be the better of the two in terms of results. Race glaze will last longer but neither are hardly that expensive anyway

My pure final rinse is over a year old and had some heavy use but only just showing signs of it starting to fade

Associate
Very happy with my race glaze filter & the customer service from Mark, the director who contacted me prior to dispatch as I had ordered 4 of the male connectors as I wasn't sure which size I would need. Turns out I'd ordered 4 of the exact same item and he sorted it out prior to delivering to me. Good customer service goes a long way with me, it's a big part of why I use OCUK.

Soldato
So have you guys ordered directly from Race Glaze then? :) And do you use it just to rinse the car? Presumably no point in using it during snow foaming etc?

Yes, I ordered direct from them.
No, not really, it's the final rinse that matters. So wash the car normally, then just hook up the filter when you rinse the car for the last time.

If you order direct from RG, you can also order a little mesh filter to stick out the outlet side, so if you use it with a pressure washer, you wont risk pulling the resin through. Only a quid, so worth tacking on to the order if you like to rinse with the PW.
However I think most people would do a final rinse with just an open hose anyway, but as per a few posts back, I can now do a proper touchless wash when the car isn't too dirty....snowfoam as usual, then hook the pressure washer into the Raceglaze and just blast off the foam, and leave it - done.

Seriously, they are awesome bits of kit. I regret not buying it earlier. Drying is always the most tedious part of car washing for me, and the bit where I always feel there's the most risk of swirling or marring the paintwork. But I live in a hard water area, and I can now just rinse the car and leave it to dry, even in direct sunlight, and there's no water spotting at all. It's ace.

Soldato
Avoid contact surfaces (gearstick, wheel) and you'll be fine. Its fine on that too as water based, but I still prefer not to.

Thank you for the advise - I would avoid those surfaces as not wanting to make them slippy although I imagine constant contact would hinder the durability of the finish anyway.

Still compiling a list of car cleaning products as I have recently got myself a new car and when time permits I want to give it a good going over inside and out.

I'm on the look out for a wheel cleaner - I know Bilt Hamber Auto Wheels is a favoured choice amongst these forums but I'm on the look out for a cheaper alternative (Because why not?)

Has anyone used Pro-Kleen Dragon's Blood Extreme Iron Contamination/Fall out Remover (5L Concentrated) for £23 - If so does it work as well or nearly as well as let's say BH - Auto Wheels and even though it claims to be safe on all wheel types has anybody used without issue on Diamond Cut wheels?

Failing that are there any other decent alternatives which are better value for money? I'm not expecting like for like cleaning power but something which will help shift some brake dust.

Soldato
Yes, I ordered direct from them.
No, not really, it's the final rinse that matters. So wash the car normally, then just hook up the filter when you rinse the car for the last time.

If you order direct from RG, you can also order a little mesh filter to stick out the outlet side, so if you use it with a pressure washer, you wont risk pulling the resin through. Only a quid, so worth tacking on to the order if you like to rinse with the PW.
However I think most people would do a final rinse with just an open hose anyway, but as per a few posts back, I can now do a proper touchless wash when the car isn't too dirty....snowfoam as usual, then hook the pressure washer into the Raceglaze and just blast off the foam, and leave it - done.

Seriously, they are awesome bits of kit. I regret not buying it earlier. Drying is always the most tedious part of car washing for me, and the bit where I always feel there's the most risk of swirling or marring the paintwork. But I live in a hard water area, and I can now just rinse the car and leave it to dry, even in direct sunlight, and there's no water spotting at all. It's ace.

Consider me sold. Wanted one for a while, looking forward to using it :)

Soldato
Thank you for the advise - I would avoid those surfaces as not wanting to make them slippy although I imagine constant contact would hinder the durability of the finish anyway.

Still compiling a list of car cleaning products as I have recently got myself a new car and when time permits I want to give it a good going over inside and out.

I'm on the look out for a wheel cleaner - I know Bilt Hamber Auto Wheels is a favoured choice amongst these forums but I'm on the look out for a cheaper alternative (Because why not?)

Has anyone used Pro-Kleen Dragon's Blood Extreme Iron Contamination/Fall out Remover (5L Concentrated) for £23 - If so does it work as well or nearly as well as let's say BH - Auto Wheels and even though it claims to be safe on all wheel types has anybody used without issue on Diamond Cut wheels?

Failing that are there any other decent alternatives which are better value for money? I'm not expecting like for like cleaning power but something which will help shift some brake dust.

I’d recommend Surfex HD from bilt hamber in that case, it’s an all round degreaser and good on wheels and for other general cleaning purposes, 5l for £16.95. Can use from 1% dilution through to neat depending on what you need.

Soldato
Could someone recommend me some attachments for my Karcher pressure washer?

I’m partially disabled and cant really do much physical work like washing my car with a sponge and soapy water etc. I’m getting a bit sick of going to my local sainsburys car wash so im trying to find a “no touch” method of car washing. I appreciate that i wont get amazing results but it’ll be better than not washing the car at all.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Had the wife’s T-Roc in for the Matrix Black coating this week, chap spent two days on it with the prep then coating. For a new car it needed a surprising amount of prep and polishing!

Looks good but as it’s a new car it was already looking nice and shiny from a distance, just when you got up close could see the multitude of swirls etc which are now no longer there.

Real test will be to see how it looks in a few weeks, and how easy it is to hose down.

Soldato
Hi all - any recommendations please on an interior cleaner (not dressing). My dad's car has some pale white marks on the door trim and around where the window switches are on the drivers door. Must be from a past owner or garage, with someone having something on their fingers. It's that kind of shape and size where they've grabbed the handle to close/open the door. If I remember on I'll grab a pic. I've tried just regular things like Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer and Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber care and even Auto Finesse Total Interior Cleaner. Nothing shifts it. I was looking at trying the 303 Multi Surface Cleaner next as I want to try something stronger but still safe - if that makes sense.

Cheers.

Associate
Hi all - any recommendations please on an interior cleaner (not dressing). My dad's car has some pale white marks on the door trim and around where the window switches are on the drivers door. Must be from a past owner or garage, with someone having something on their fingers. It's that kind of shape and size where they've grabbed the handle to close/open the door. If I remember on I'll grab a pic. I've tried just regular things like Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer and Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber care and even Auto Finesse Total Interior Cleaner. Nothing shifts it. I was looking at trying the 303 Multi Surface Cleaner next as I want to try something stronger but still safe - if that makes sense.

Cheers.

If it's plastic trim I've found that using any cleaner in combination with a magic sponge is better than just cleaner on its own.

Associate
I treated myself to a new snow foam lance this week, MTM Hydro PF22 & a 1.1mm orifice for inside of it. A quite remarkable difference from what I was using before, likely also due to the smaller orifice. Bilt Hamber at 4% PIR almost came out like shaving foam.

Finished off with a product I've been wanting to try out for a while, Zaino Z8 Grand Finale. It's been out of stock for months. I'm pretty pleased with the results and the slickness is fantastic.

Edited to add: Raceglaze filter is a god send, especially on a day like today, I'd have never got the car dried in time to stop water spots as the sun decided to come out.

50179370773_a7dcde3fc8_c.jpg

50180146367_aa22624bcb_c.jpg

Soldato
Just been claying my car with a new clay and i got about 1/3 off the way through and the bar started to break up. (Little pieces coming off on the edge of trim etc)
By 2/3 the way through it had gone really soft and squidgy and was tearing apart, so i got a new bit to finish off with.

I've only ever used a meguiars clay bar before and it never did this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom