Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Finally had everything delivered so gave it a quick snow foam (BH Auto Foam), wash (GTech G Wash - I have quite a few varieties of car wash/shampoo and that was selected today) - it's being cleaned properly next Thursday and will no doubt get covered in salt/mud again over the weekend so didn't use anything else other than a quick bit of tyre shine.

Stuff:
i.php

Snow Foam Pro V2 did a good job, but did need topping up as I hadn't adjusted the mix and the jetwash appears to be much better than the Karcher K4 was!

20220128151532-e5f5d3c8-xl.jpg

And all tidied away much quicker thanks to the reel on the Nilfisk + the new short hose reel which is used with the water filter.

Soldato
Snow Foam Pro V2 did a good job, but did need topping up as I hadn't adjusted the mix and the jetwash appears to be much better than the Karcher K4 was!

Nice job, you needed a new foam cannon anyway because of the new pressure washer and it’s done a good job by the looks of it.

Soldato
Indeed, thanks for the recommendation, and it doesn't fall over and leak which is an added bonus!

I had that model nilfisk and it ran for years without fault. Until I accidentally tipped it over by tugging too hard on the attached hose. It landed on the reel handle and broke the carrier attachment to the unit (plastic). Made it a pita to use after that so I gave it to a mate. Don’t follow my example :D

Soldato
Probably already been asked in here, but had anyone used one of those waterless car cleaning solutions before? Walked past someone's car being cleaned on my road today by 'Dropless' it looked like they did a good job so I checked the reviews and they seem positive. Just booked myself in for one too with 25% of for first clean.

Caporegime
Probably already been asked in here, but had anyone used one of those waterless car cleaning solutions before? Walked past someone's car being cleaned on my road today by 'Dropless' it looked like they did a good job so I checked the reviews and they seem positive. Just booked myself in for one too with 25% of for first clean.

No thanks.

Man of Honour

I wince at the thought. I think you’re posting in the thread if you see how many wash stages we apply :p

Soldato
I need to do the same. What did you use?

Depending on how pitted / caked on it is the preparation brush set from Screwfix is fine for inside the tips. High speed on a combi drill with a bit of pressure. For the outside and rim (oo-er) you'll want to be careful, if they're chrome, once the finish is gone, it's gone. Be careful if you do use the wire attachments for this as the drill will skip so hold it firmly and protect any painted surfaces near by.

Some 00 (I think) and 0000 wire wool too with some Autosol metal polish.

Keep them protected with something like Poorboy's or C5 Wheel Armour and then stay on top of cleaning them with soapy water and you shouldn't have to repeat this process.

Man of Honour
Depending on how pitted / caked on it is the preparation brush set from Screwfix is fine for inside the tips. High speed on a combi drill with a bit of pressure. For the outside and rim (oo-er) you'll want to be careful, if they're chrome, once the finish is gone, it's gone. Be careful if you do use the wire attachments for this as the drill will skip so hold it firmly and protect any painted surfaces near by.

Some 00 (I think) and 0000 wire wool too with some Autosol metal polish.

Keep them protected with something like Poorboy's or C5 Wheel Armour and then stay on top of cleaning them with soapy water and you shouldn't have to repeat this process.

Pretty much what I’ve done before, but not for a while. I forgot how good autosol is and I’ve got some to use. Mine aren’t too bad, I think autosol and the washing up pads I’ve ordered (the rougher side) should do it.

Soldato
Hi all, apologies for an obvious question but I'm looking to buy a basic pressure washer, budget of up to £100. I know that puts me at the no-frills end of the market but I had a question on snow foam bottle attachment - do these fit pretty much any manufacturer of pressure washer or only certain ones?

Cheers.

Soldato
Caporegime
Hi all, apologies for an obvious question but I'm looking to buy a basic pressure washer, budget of up to £100. I know that puts me at the no-frills end of the market but I had a question on snow foam bottle attachment - do these fit pretty much any manufacturer of pressure washer or only certain ones?

Cheers.

The autobrite lance comes with fittings for pretty much every brand. I got the 150 bar titan and it used Bosch fittings.

Soldato
Associate
I had that model nilfisk and it ran for years without fault. Until I accidentally tipped it over by tugging too hard on the attached hose. It landed on the reel handle and broke the carrier attachment to the unit (plastic). Made it a pita to use after that so I gave it to a mate. Don’t follow my example :D

I will try not to!

Replacement part for the Karcher arrived yesterday so I fitted that, tested it and sold it today so I recouped part of the money spent on the new bits :)

Just need some sunshine and clean roads now!

Soldato
I’m using the Autoglym polar blast/wash/wax combo but never seem to get as thick a foam as most people… is it because I’m using a Karcher snow foam attachment? Would something like the Autoglym snow foam attachment be better?

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I’m using the Autoglym polar blast/wash/wax combo but never seem to get as thick a foam as most people… is it because I’m using a Karcher snow foam attachment? Would something like the Autoglym snow foam attachment be better?
I got an MTM Hydro PF22.2 Foam Cannon to go with a K5 and the foam is perfect with autobrite magifoam.
Not cheap though, and complete overkill, but nice and thick foam!

Depends on your pressure washer though, as weaker pressure washers won't produce thick foam with that cannon.

Caporegime

Sorry that was badly worded, they don't come with all of them, you can buy the Lance with the right fitting. I got mine on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom