The Chelsea Club Thread **No Spoilers**

Associate
No idea what any of that means?!?

Apparently multiple Chelsea players have also unfollowed him

Last edited:
Caporegime
Pretty disgusting, but nothing Chelsea can do really. They gave him a stupid long contract, what are they going to do transfer list him? FA should be giving him a lengthy ban.

Associate
Pretty disgusting, but nothing Chelsea can do really. They gave him a stupid long contract, what are they going to do transfer list him? FA should be giving him a lengthy ban.

Cancel his contract for bringing the club into disrepute maybe? No idea if that is viable but seem to remember cases where people have had contracts canceled for similar.

Last edited:
Soldato
Whilst i'm clearly on the wrong side here, but from what the above says, the lyrics being complained about are

"It included the words: "They play for France, but their parents are from Angola. Their mother is from Cameroon, while their father is from Nigeria. But their passport says French."

I'm not sure how i understand it's racist. It's fairly true that a lot of French players come from African nations and immigration. Unless there's other worse sections not included in the articles?

It does however, seems stupid to be singing about the French in general given they've just won a trophy on the other side of the world!

fez

fez

Caporegime
Whilst i'm clearly on the wrong side here, but from what the above says, the lyrics being complained about are

"It included the words: "They play for France, but their parents are from Angola. Their mother is from Cameroon, while their father is from Nigeria. But their passport says French."

I'm not sure how i understand it's racist. It's fairly true that a lot of French players come from African nations and immigration. Unless there's other worse sections not included in the articles?

It does however, seems stupid to be singing about the French in general given they've just won a trophy on the other side of the world!

Anything that can be taken as racist can and will be and anyone who suggests otherwise will be accused of either downplaying it or being part of the problem. The irony being that plenty of people with different ethnic origins strongly identify with their historic country more than they do the one they have grown up in and are more than happy to say so.

Plenty of this sort of thing happens in rugby as well with the south sea islanders being in many international sides. Often brothers playing against each other for different national teams. People are generally taking the pee out of the country they moved to rather than the person on the "country of origin". Essentially saying you have imported your talent.

I understand how the song could be offensive to some but come on, its really not that deep. An apology for any offence caused and move on.

Soldato
Anything that can be taken as racist can and will be and anyone who suggests otherwise will be accused of either downplaying it or being part of the problem. The irony being that plenty of people with different ethnic origins strongly identify with their historic country more than they do the one they have grown up in and are more than happy to say so.

Plenty of this sort of thing happens in rugby as well with the south sea islanders being in many international sides. Often brothers playing against each other for different national teams. People are generally taking the pee out of the country they moved to rather than the person on the "country of origin". Essentially saying you have imported your talent.

I understand how the song could be offensive to some but come on, its really not that deep. An apology for any offence caused and move on.
**** that, this our chance to get rid of that useless go *****!!!

Soldato

Its a song targeting only black players suggesting they arent French because of their heritage whilst using stereotypes...its absolutely racist.

Back
Top Bottom