1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Climbing Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by mid_gen, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Street

Soldato

Yeh, that's the problem.. Being strict with myself. Once the pain goes I'll start up on some grades well within my limit and see how it goes, general advice is 12 weeks before it's back to full strength but hopefully I can ease myself up to that, really be strict with myself and not prolong it. I was going to head to the wall tonight after work but as it's still sore I've purposefully left my gear at home so I don't get tempted!

2. fez

Capodecina

Yeah, its frustrating but ask almost anyone who has been injured for a long time (more than a few months with something reasonably minor) if they wish they had rested/rehabbed it better and they will all say yes. It might feel like you are wasting 2 months training and getting weaker but the alternative is either a proper chronic injury or you will just stay at your current level for a year with a slight injury instead of having 2 months of slight regression followed by 10 months of proper progress.

3. Street

Soldato

Wise words! I need to print that out and selotape it to my climbing shoes.

4. jpaul

Soldato

yep - especially with climbing you have to suppress that training through-it urge
    otherwise - favourite moto -

5. Street

Soldato

Haha, that pretty much sums up how I feel! If I do nothing for more than a couple days I start to feel lazy.. At least I can still lift, although limited to pushing exercises, rowing is a no go though.

6. mid_gen

Sgarrista

Training since the new year is starting to pay off, got a nice project route at my gym at the mo, starts with high heel into toe hook, hands up to feet on slopers, traverse onto nasty overhanging pinch, onto a big reach, big high step and crimpy lock-off to haul yourself up....then a fairly easy finish, just a big font style slopey mantle.

Knackering, but surprised myself by doing all the technical stuff really smooth, and then having the strength to haul myself up....was a little amazed I got up there and promptly fell off because I wasn't concentrating :p

Next time....

7. mid_gen

Sgarrista

Couple weeks back at a nice spot I found on the Ruhr...

[​IMG]