US: The Crossing (2018)

Soldato
A large group of refugees fleeing a brutal war arrive in a small Oregon coastal community. There's just one slight catch...

Seen the first episode and it definitely has promise. Plus it has Natalie Martinez, and I'd happily watch her in anything.

Man of Honour
Yeah just got done watching the pilot - writing is a bit hit and miss but if you are wanting more of that kind of show like Travellers, etc. seems like it might hit the spot. Definitely has promise though I figured out who was who before the reveals - it kind of telegraphs it a bit too much (though hopefully that is due to it being the pilot episode and trying to sell the show/set the scene).

EDIT: 1-2 key scenes aside the trailer is basically the whole first episode condensed LOL.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, the whole
face hidden in shadow on the bridge
slightly gave that away, but like you I put that down to it being the pilot more than anything else.

Man of Honour
I knew he was from the first lot the moment of first seeing him in the car - after watching Travellers it was a bit too obvious - also instantly figured out the Apex connection with the women when she was in the cafe and the sound started going funny as the first reveal of her abilities

Hopefully once its past the pilot it will settle down a bit on that aspect.

Man of Honour
Yeah it isn't so bad I've stopped watching it but it has a rather dreary pace that isn't really used for effect. I only watched last weeks episode yesterday.

Man of Honour
Yeah no second season.

EDIT: It is probably effectively cancelled but I believe it is more they've deferred the decision to renew it but might look at it again in a year or so.

Soldato
Put the pilot on, not having particularly high expectations...

A lot better than I expected. Writing is a bit naff at times, but the performances are a cut above the usual dross we get served up with scifi series these days.

Back
Top Bottom